Anyone successfully used Addtron ISA NIC?

Post by Duncan Simps » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I'm trying to install RedHat via ftp. The network card I'm using is an ISA
>card made by Addtron, and is supposed to be NE2000 compatible. So when I'm
>going through the installation process, I can't get the card to be
>recognized. It worked fine according to the hardware diagnostic that came on
>the Addtron floppy disk. I've tried a bunch of different I/O's and IRQ's, and
>"autoprobe" as well as "specify". Has anyone had better luck than me with
>this card? What did you do? Thanks,

Me and my P II/350 had a simialr problem with answer ISA ethernet
card. Does it detect the card and then fail to find the IRQ? Do you
have a PnP BIOS? If so then try flipping the cards IRQ, which I set to
10, from "PnP/PCI" to "Legacy ISA". This fixed it in windows (3.11)
and Linux (2.2.1 but it should fix most other kernels). [Me and my 486
running Linux detected the card first time when I rebooted, but the
486 is a tad slower and showing signs of multiple lethal hardware
problems at the moment].

Nothing will get fixed before early in April because I will be the
other side of the pond pretending to do a spot of quantum computing.

Duncan (-:
--
Duncan (-:
"software industry, the: unique industry where selling substandard goods is

Anyone successfully used Addtron ISA NIC?

Post by Mark Napp » Sun, 07 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

>I'm trying to install RedHat via ftp. The network card I'm using is an ISA
>card made by Addtron, and is supposed to be NE2000 compatible. So when I'm
>going through the installation process, I can't get the card to be
>recognized. It worked fine according to the hardware diagnostic that came on
>the Addtron floppy disk. I've tried a bunch of different I/O's and IRQ's, and
>"autoprobe" as well as "specify". Has anyone had better luck than me with
>this card? What did you do? Thanks,

Is th card a PnP Card? if so you may want to try setting the card in
DOS with its setup/diagnostic program to not use PnP, but to have a
fixed base address and IRQ.

It may not work, but that is what I had to do for my D-Link DE220PCT
PnP to work on install, rather than having to mess around with PNPDUMP
after installation

1. Addtron ISA-bus NE2000 NIC chipset?

I have an Addtron ISA-bus NIC that is allegedly NE2000 compatible, but
I'm beginning to have my doubts. It works fine under Windows 95, but I
can't get anything going under Linux. (It is the finest NIC money can
buy. Well, it's the finest NIC that $15 could buy :-) I wonder if anyone
out there happens to have such a card and has gotten it to work under
Linux, and might share the secret formula. I suspect it's using some
oddball chipset. Anyway, thanks in advance for any guidance...

-Steve

2. problems when attempting to write a cd using...

3. ISA NIC Problems w/ multiple PCI/ISA NIC combination

4. bttv audio issue

5. Anyone using Addtron NE2000 Clones?

6. Upgrade path?

7. Anyone used a comtrol hostess 550 (8-port) successfully?

8. Cobol compiler sources

9. anyone using mod_mhtml.c in Apache 1.2.1 successfully?

10. Anyone using Lout + ghostscript successfully?

11. Anyone successfully using X 3.9.16 with a Voodoo3 3000?

12. Has anyone successfully used Chinon's ATAPI 760E CD-ROM with Linux?

13. Anyone using GCC 2.8.1 under 2.6 successfully?