Losing secondary IDE after a shutdown

Post by Bill Oswal » Sat, 01 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I run redhat 4.0 and win95 on a tyan tomcat II motherboard. My CD is
connected to the secondary IDE as master. If I issue a shutdown -t now
-r and let the machine boot into windows I no longer can see my CD. Win
95 shows the secondary IDE as not working. If I issue a shutdown -t now
-h then press the reset button and boot into win95 all is well. Has
anyone else seen this?

Also, I have asked this before and received several answers but no one
has answered the basic question. Can I attach my CD to my soundblasters
IDE port (third IDE). I know I can pass options to lilo (I use loadlin)
the point is, can I attach the CD to the soundblaster and install RH 4.1
for example. Was there a way for me to install 4.0 cd with the above
setup?

Thanks
Bill Oswald

1. Taskbar "shutdown" button lost its options for shutdown

An other one of the KDE weirdies ...

The "shutdown / disconnect" button in my KDE 222 Mandrake (8.2 with
2.4.18 kernel) taskbar has lost its options effects ...
Options are : disconnect, shutdown, restart

Whatever the option, now, it wont shut or restart. it just disconnect
and brings me to the desktop login screen.

Any idea ?

BTW : has anyone come across this one : I have 4 desktops, each with a
specific background. When I launch Kwintv (0.8.11, compiled by ASP,
found on rpmfind), the backgrounds are not changed anymore when
switching desktop ...

Open a new section on annoyances.org ?

2. SOLVED: sendmail problem: hostname configuration error

3. Secondary Gateway for Secondary Network Card using Secondary IP's

4. difference between libraries??

5. LINUX and Pen Based Computing

6. IDE drives on the secondary IDE bus

7. trying to learn pdcurses, need help

8. Multi-Boot : NT on Primary IDE and Linux on Secondary IDE

9. Problem - secondary ide and mitsumi ide cdrom

10. does this work: ide disk+cdrom on primary and secondary ide bus

11. disabling ide interface on my sb16pnp : conflict with integrated IDE : kernel message : lost interrupt

12. Losing access to secondary drive after spontaneous reboot