Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

Post by Paul Fior » Wed, 27 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Just a quick question:  I have Ontrack's Disk Manager installed to
recognize my large IDE hard drive...can Lilo and Ontrack's DM peacefully
coexist?

Thanks,

-==PauL==-

Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

Post by Dave All » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Just a quick question:  I have Ontrack's Disk Manager installed to
>recognize my large IDE hard drive...can Lilo and Ontrack's DM peacefully
>coexist?

For several months, I had both OnTrack and LILO in my HD's MBR.  And I
never had any problems.

Dave Allen

Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

Post by Ralph Jennin » Thu, 28 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> >Just a quick question:  I have Ontrack's Disk Manager installed to
> >recognize my large IDE hard drive...can Lilo and Ontrack's DM peacefully
> >coexist?
> For several months, I had both OnTrack and LILO in my HD's MBR.  And I
> never had any problems.

Umm.... I thought the MBR was only 1 byte long?  If I'm right,
 then how could the above be?  If I'm wrong then please feel
 free to correct me.

Thanx, Me (kunfuzed)
--
Sometimes,
 you're better off dead.

  -- Pet Shop Boys (West End Girls)

Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

Post by FiveEy » Fri, 29 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I'm running a system with Ontrack, and it suggested not putting LILO in the
MBR, so I put it somewhere else (the linux partition, I think) and it worked
just fine.  Since the Ontrack overlay resides in the MBR, putting LILO there
might overwrite it.  Anyway, if you just follow the precautions of the online
documentation of DM, it works without any problems.

FiveEyes

Lilo and Ontrack in the MBR

Post by Alain Buret_de_Longagn » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> >Just a quick question:  I have Ontrack's Disk Manager installed to
> >recognize my large IDE hard drive...can Lilo and Ontrack's DM peacefully
> >coexist?
> For several months, I had both OnTrack and LILO in my HD's MBR.  And I
> never had any problems.

> Dave Allen

Same for me. I used the Ontrack manager to partition my drives (1.2 GB
and 2.5 GB). But, I use only the driver for Win 3.11.
There is (or 2 ?) Howto telling how to manage big drives with Linux.