X messes up my mouse in console!

Post by Shippy » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I finally figured out how to make my mouse move faster and
how to get my middle scroll wheel to work (I'm using a
Logitech TrackMan+), but now after I start X, my mouse
in the console is screwed up until I reboot. It gets
stuck in the upper right-hand corner and stays there. Restarting
gpm doesn't help. I'm running X 4.0 on Linux Mandrake 7.1
with Kernel 2.2.16. Here's a snippet from my XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"

    Identifier "Mouse1"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "Protocol"    "IMPS/2"
    Option "Device"      "/dev/psaux"
    Option "Buttons"      "5"
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    Option "Resolution"   "1200"
#    Option "Emulate3Buttons"
#    Option "Emulate3Timeout"    "50"

# ChordMiddle is an option for some 3-button Logitech mice

#    Option "ChordMiddle"

EndSection

If somebody could help me figure out why this is happening
and how to fix it, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks!

| Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493              |
| New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology       |
| Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy                |