Slackware 3.0 installed boot disk dont see SCSI controller

Slackware 3.0 installed boot disk dont see SCSI controller

Post by Paul L » Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I just installed Slackware 3.0 on my Micron Millennium Plus.  At the end
of installation the setup program created a boot disk.  When I tried to
boot from the boot disk I got:

        scsi : 0 hosts
        scsi : detected total.

So it could not recognize the SCSI controller (Buslogic 946C) any
more.  I was able to boot the Slackware 3.0 Boot Disk and see the SCSI
controller and the hard disk without problem (although it took 3
minutes).

What is the story here?  How can re-create the bootdisk that will
recognize my SCSI controller?  Any help will be appreciated...

1. Slackware 3.0 SCSI Boot Disk not seeing Adeptec 154x controller

I'm trying to install Slackware 3.0.
The PC has an intergrated IDE controller and I've trying to use a
Adeptec 154x SCSI controller to use with Linux.

I've tried many settings on the SCSI controller, but the SCSI Boot disk
doesn't see the controller, thus not the drives. I;ve also tried other Boot
Disks, but none seem to work.

Anyone know how to get this working?

Thanks,

Ken

2. cut and paste without temp file?

3. Slackware boot disk for Symbios 53C875 SCSI Controller

4. loose Virtual from fvwm?

5. Which boot disk goes with the Slackware 3.0 pcmcia.gz root disk?

6. Debian Linux on a PowerEdge 4400

7. - Install Woes w/Slackware scsi boot disk

8. Need HELP Micropolis 2gb model 4221 7200 RPM 3.5" Drive

9. Slackware 3.0 and Adaptec 2940UW SCSI controller

10. Slackware 3.0 and DPT SCSI controllers

11. boot disk not seeing SCSI drives

12. Slackware 3.0 'ascsi' boot disk is 1.3.18 (I want 1.2.13)

13. Boot disk dies after Slackware 3.0 setup