compiling 2.0.27 Kernel : Help

Post by Ludo Daeme » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

When compiling the 2.0.27 kernel I'm getting various error-messages which
 seem to suggest that make is not finding everything it should.

make dep : no rule to make target archdep, needed by 'dep-files'
make clean : no rule to make target archclean, needed by 'clean'
make zImage : something like 'zImage not found'

After editing out archdep and archclean I manage to start the
compilations using 'make vmlinux' but after a while I start to bump on
error-messages.

Any pointer on what is going wrong are appreciated ?

regards,

Ludo.

compiling 2.0.27 Kernel : Help

Post by Sid Boyc » Wed, 18 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Hello,

> When compiling the 2.0.27 kernel I'm getting various error-messages which
>  seem to suggest that make is not finding everything it should.

> make dep : no rule to make target archdep, needed by 'dep-files'
> make clean : no rule to make target archclean, needed by 'clean'
> make zImage : something like 'zImage not found'

> After editing out archdep and archclean I manage to start the
> compilations using 'make vmlinux' but after a while I start to bump on
> error-messages.

> Any pointer on what is going wrong are appreciated ?

> regards,

> Ludo.

        These problems seem to be with stale dependencies, I do a make
mrproper, make config or xconfig or whatever, make dep and make zImage,
hope this helps.
Regards
--

                   -----------------------------------
Any opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily represent

1. Help Compiling Apache 1.2.0 on Linux 2.0.27 == Help VirtualHost Cgi Directory

Hi

Answer By Email Please !

I have a problem of compilation on Apache 1.2.0 on Linux 2.0.27 :

gcc -c -Iregex  -O2 -DLINUX=2   buff.c
In file included from buff.c:66:
/usr/include/sys/uio.h:33: redefinition of `struct iovec'
make: *** [buff.o] Error 1

Anyone know this problems ??

I use Apache 1.1.3 and i want create a cgi-bin directory for a
VirtualHost (different) !

Ex: http://www.domaine1.com/cgi-bin/       =>   /usr/www/domaine1/cgi-bin/
Ex: http://www.domaine2.com/cgi-bin/       =>   /usr/www/domaine2/cgi-bin/

on one Linux machine

Thanks for your help

    ("`-/")_.-'"``-._        Jerome Schevingt - Ingenieur Unix/Windows
     . . `; -._    )-;-,_`)

   _.- _..-_/ / ((.'
 ((,.-'   ((,/                          http://www.avo.fr
AVO France SARL
21 Avenue de Firminy
F-43110 Aurec sur Loire
FRANCE
Toute reception d'e-Mail commercial non sollicite, sera consideree comme
une attaque de mon serveur de mail et donnera lieu a des ripostes ...

2. KDE Install problem

3. KERNEL-COMPILE-GUIDE [6-27]

4. Is Dr. Linux worth it?

5. Problem compiling kernel 2.0.27

6. MS must turn over Win95 source code to Caldera!

7. Wanted: compiled iBCS for 2.0.27 kernel

8. OF boot menu

9. Errors compiling kernel 2.0.27

10. PCMCIA support broken with newly-compiled kernel (linux 2.0.27-5 / RHL 4.1)

11. HELP! compiling 2.0.27

12. NYS 0.27.4 Compile Problems - help

13. Help needed to compile libc-4.6.27 with nys-0.27