Newbir Question - Dialup

Post by @ndy » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Using Definite Lux 7.0, running Gnome.   My labtop has PCMCIA modem made
by project type project 336. I can setup Netscape under Linux, but what
is the Linux equivalent of using windoze Dialup Networking?
Guess I need ppp or pppd? How do I install the ppp daemon (if its not
already installed?)

Newbir Question - Dialup

Post by Clive DaSilv » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Andy

try http://jgo.local.net/LinuxGuide/

This site has a good faq for newbies, among them ppp setup

good luck ;)

--
Clive DaSilva CMA

Linux Slackware 3.6 Kernel 2.2.15

1. Sample firewall/masq rules for dialup and non-dialup posted (ipfwadm only)

I have posted a set of firewall rules you can use for dialup and non-dialup
Internet access at http://home.earthlink.net/~simpson3.  Unfortunately, this
only works with the 2.0.x kernel, not the newer 2.2.x kernels which use
ipchains. That being said, conversion probably is pretty easy.
    Scott

2. died on signal 11 ?? Help!

3. Can someone answer some question on setting up a small home lan and dialup internet access

4. Password Strength

5. auto dialup question

6. Buying the perfect Linux SVGA monitor ADVICE

7. Modem Dialup Question

8. Which ne2000?

9. question concerning ppp dialup, chap, and adding routes

10. RH 6.1 & Internet dialup question

11. Newbie Question Re: PPP dialup

12. reconnecting ppp dialup -- question from RIP

13. Theoretical question (dialup)...