Sound on Toshiba Tecra 530 CDT laptop

Post by Niklas Jonsso » Wed, 06 May 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to get sound in Linux running on Toshiba Tecra 530 CDT
laptop, but with no success so far. Has anybody been down this road
before?

-niklas

1. Toshiba Tecra Laptop Sound Problem 5.0 - Current

Hi,

I am trying to get the sound working on my toshiba tecra 8000 laptop..
  The sound driver that it uses under windows is "Yamaha OPL3-SAx " but
thought it says free bsd 5.0 supports this i cant get it to work.

I have read the handbook and done as it says.... i have enabled "device
pcm" in my kernel config file and recompiled installed etc (how long!!!)
   I then did as it says a "grep pcm" on the dmesg file, and it had no
reference... which from wot i gather means that it isnt loading the
module.  So after further reading tried adding the "options pnpbios" but
that wont run config it says its not a valid option... from what i now
gather freebsd 5.0 includes this as default?

Any way i dont know what to try now... any ideas?

I have trauled google/groups and cant find anythin.. but i have found a
post from some one that says they have got a tecra 8000 fully working
with sound...

Hope you can help

Thanks Stu

ps I dont know if this will help but my bios settings for sound are

WSS IO Address = 530H
SBPro IO Address = 220H
Synthesizer IO Address = 388H
WSS & SBPro & MPU401 IRQ Level = IRQ5
WSS(Play) DMA = Channel 1
WSS(Rec.) & SBPro DMA = Channel 0
Control I/O Address = 538H
MPU401 (Midi I/F) = 330H

I also have an option in bios
DEVICE CONFIG = All Devices
but this can also be Setup By Os ... neither of which work but not sure
which would be best.

2. can't compile DOSEMU0.52

3. FreeBSD 5.0 Sound on a toshiba tecra laptop

4. Tools for examining malicious code

5. Installing on a toshiba tecra 500 cdt....

6. Drawing board theme for KDE?

7. xf86 on Toshiba Tecra 550 CDT

8. Home slip connection?

9. toshiba tecra 720 cdt and linux query

10. Linux @ Toshiba Tecra 540/550 CDT?

11. Conf pointer on Toshiba CDT-500 Tetra series Laptop using MetroX on Red Hat 4.1

12. Sound on Toshiba 4000 CDT

13. Sound on Toshiba 440 CDT