mouse problem x-windows

Post by pepe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi, I have a problem, I have installed Linux (debian) in my
computer, I have configured X-window and my mouse (A4 tech
neteasy) isnt work, I have tried to change XF86Config but
nothing happens. Anybody knows whats happen?, may it be a
driver problem?.
Thanks

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com

mouse problem x-windows

Post by kf » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Save a copy of your current XF86Config file.

From a root system prompt run xf86config and see if you can find your
mouse listed.  Or, yes, you could try editing the XF86Config file
directly and trying out different possibilities.

NB: When you say "nothing happens", I'm assuming that X does not start
and comes back with an error message.  It's generally easier to diagnose
problems when you give us the exact error message.

hth,
kf

--
My recommendation:      Don't do business with Explorer Micro
                        of Worthington, Ohio.

Hello!

I have 3 questions about X-windows:

Is there a good graphical bases typewriter (not editor) in which
i can write and layout text in x-windows, without using a bunch
of codes as in e.g. latech.

Is it possible to make a telnet like connection in a MS windows
based PC to a unix machine which is capable to run the X-windows
system. So i could use for example Xmaple when I am sitting home
where i dont have unix, but I do have a fast pc and internet.

Is there a special X-windows newsgroup?

Please e-mail me because i cant read the newsgroups so often.

thanks

Sander Zboray
http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~zboray

2. Printers, PCNFS and Solaris 2.3

3. X-Windows/Windows managers mouse behavior

4. PPP SERVER

5. X-Windows comes up, when I bring up an Xterm, X-Windows quits

6. static class member initialization in dynamic library

7. After Install X-windows comes up I run Xterm, X-windows quits

8. Modem Port

9. Mouse problems in X-Windows

10. Weird problem with noisy mouse in X-windows.

11. Mouse problem in x-windows

12. problem using mouse in X-Windows

13. X-Windows Mouse Problem