system commander or partition magic?

Post by inno » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Which program is better?

Thanks!

system commander or partition magic?

Post by Jan Johansso » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

apples and pears, they dont even do the same thing.

>Which program is better?

>Thanks!

system commander or partition magic?

Post by denise kerg » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

If you are looking to partition your hard drive, I used Partition Magic,
it was a breeze.

Post by D. C. Session » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Which program is better?

Just remember to not give PowerQuest your e-mail address.

Right now I'm looking for a replacement for Partition Manager
after they spammed my inbox to slag.  Trouble is, the 3.05
version won't work with drives over 8GB

--
D. C. Sessions

Post by Andrew Robertso » Sun, 11 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> If you are looking to partition your hard drive, I used Partition Magic,
> it was a breeze.

On two occasions now, I've had Partition Magic completely mangle my
hard drive. Full install from scratch. Not fun. I don'r recommend it.

Andy

Post by Miche » Thu, 22 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> > Which program is better?

> Just remember to not give PowerQuest your e-mail address.

> Right now I'm looking for a replacement for Partition Manager
> after they spammed my inbox to slag.  Trouble is, the 3.05
> version won't work with drives over 8GB

Spammed? They don't send mail that often! You must be a lucky one.

Partition magic 4.0 does support large drive. They now replace the boot manager
which can give you another primary partition. You can install dos or winblows on
the second drive. They suggest to install Linux and OS/2 on the third and fourth
drive if you want several dos or winblows versions. You could technically have
4 of them on each drive if you don't have any logical partition on these two drives.

--
use OS/2 for a crash proof work environment
use Linux for safe and quick internet access

Post by John Thompso » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> > Just remember to not give PowerQuest your e-mail address.

> > Right now I'm looking for a replacement for Partition Manager
> > after they spammed my inbox to slag.  Trouble is, the 3.05
> > version won't work with drives over 8GB
> Spammed? They don't send mail that often! You must be a lucky one.

Same here.  The only email I've gotten from them was an
offer to upgrade Partition Magic v2 to v4 at a substantial
discount.

--

1. System commander vs Partition Magic

Is there anything to choose from between System Commander Deluxe and
Partition Magic?  Why would I buy one over the other??  Is there anything
fundamental that one has that the other does not?

(I understand SCD started out as a boot manager that added partition
resizing and PM started out at a partitioning tool that assed a boot
manager.)

If it makes a difference,  I am about to install NT and Linux on top of a
Win98 installation on my new laptop (a thikpad 600E).  I want to keep all
three OSs.

Any enlightement greatly appreciated.

--
Michael Godfrey, Univ of Waterloo, Dept of CS

2. Can threads work with g++? How?

3. Install Linux with System Commander and Partition Magic

4. SCSI card install for scanner

5. Red Hat Linux and either Partition Magic or System Commander?

6. cleanup of drivers/char/ip2main.c (245ac16)

7. System Commander Deluxe/Partition Magic Compatability

8. Blitting Linux?

9. System Commander 2000 vs. Partition Magic

10. Partition Magic & System Commander grief with >8 Gbyte drive

11. Partition Magic or System Commander?

12. Partition Magic vs. System Commander

13. Dual OS: System Commander or Partition Magic?