mail error

Post by Martin Schul » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 23:27:32

: I need help figuring out why I get this error when trying to send
: mail out from my ppp Linux box.  Any ideas ?

Does it work properly on your own system?
mail from userA to userB.

: Date: Wed, 15 Mar 95 13:40 EST

: Subject: mail failed, sending to postmaster

: |------------------------- Message log follows: -------------------------|
:  /usr/bin/uux: open (yggdrasil/SEQF): Permission denied

Does uux exist in /usr/bin?
Do you have a file similar to /var/spool/uucp/yggdrasil/SEQF?
Maybe this is under /usr on your Site.
Is your uux setuid uucp -
Means:
ls -l /usr/bin/uux     should look like this
-r-sr-xr-x   uucp   root    uux
             ^^^^
                 This must be uucp
   ^ This must be a "s"

Does uux have write-permission on SEQF?

Is your sitename yggdrasil?
If not your uucp is not correctly configured.

Mail me if uucp isn't configured.

Hope this helps

Tschau
        Martin

--
Where humor is concerned there are no standarts.
No one can say, what is good or bad, althought you can be sure that

mail error

Post by peter pucci » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 03:50:09

I need help figuring out why I get this error when trying to send
mail out from my ppp Linux box.  Any ideas ?

               Thanks!

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 95 13:40 EST

Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 13:25:41 +0000

This is a test