Update comps.xml file with getfullcomps.py

Update comps.xml file with getfullcomps.py

Post by Andreas Wint » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:44:49

Hi,

I have copied several rpms to the RedHat 8.0 installation tree. Next i
started genhdlist to update the hdlist and hdlist2 files. They were
updated successfully. To update the comps.xml, i started
getfullcomps.py and the script gave me the following errors:

comps.xml \ /linux/redhat80 i386 >> comps-tmp.xml
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 187, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 39, in main
    hdlist = readAndMergeHeaderList(path, arch)
  File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 22, in
readAndMergeHeaderList
    hdlist = rpm.readHeaderListFromFile("%s/%s/RedHat/base/hdlist" %
rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

I don't understand why i get the rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or
directory'), because the hdlist-file exists in the directory
"/linux/redhat80/RedHat/base".

Is there anybody who has the same error or can me explain where the
problem is?

Thanks Andi

Post by stephan bea » Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:17:38

>     hdlist = rpm.readHeaderListFromFile("%s/%s/RedHat/base/hdlist" %
> rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

> I don't understand why i get the rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or
> directory'), because the hdlist-file exists in the directory
> "/linux/redhat80/RedHat/base".

Are you 100% certain that %s/%s resolves to /linux/redhat80? Pay particular
attention to the lack of a leading slash in the path: %s/%s/RedHat/...

--
----- stephan beal

Update comps.xml file with getfullcomps.py

Post by Andreas Wint » Sat, 30 Nov 2002 02:09:07

Hi,

sorry, i have found the error.Getfullcomps.py expects a
directorystructure like
/absolute_path_to_toplevel_dir/i386/RedHat....!!! This is exact my
error. We had no directorystructure with i386!!

:-)

Andi

> Hi,

> I have copied several rpms to the RedHat 8.0 installation tree. Next i
> started genhdlist to update the hdlist and hdlist2 files. They were
> updated successfully. To update the comps.xml, i started
> getfullcomps.py and the script gave me the following errors:

> comps.xml \ /linux/redhat80 i386 >> comps-tmp.xml
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 187, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 39, in main
>     hdlist = readAndMergeHeaderList(path, arch)
>   File "/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py", line 22, in
> readAndMergeHeaderList
>     hdlist = rpm.readHeaderListFromFile("%s/%s/RedHat/base/hdlist" %
> rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or directory')

> I don't understand why i get the rpm404.error: (2, 'No such file or
> directory'), because the hdlist-file exists in the directory
> "/linux/redhat80/RedHat/base".

> Is there anybody who has the same error or can me explain where the
> problem is?

> Thanks Andi

1. getfullcomps.py and rpm

Hi,

I have several self-built rpms needed to be included in RedHat 8.0
installation tree. When I added other rpms into RPMS directory, run
genhdlist and getfullcomps.py to recreate comps.xml, they were added
successfully. However, there is only one rpm, when I added it in, run
genhdlist and getfullcomps.py, getfullcomps.py gave me the following
errors:

# ./getfullcomps.py comps.xml /hfs/d1/linux/redhat-8.0 i386 >
/tmp/comps.xml.new
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./getfullcomps.py", line 187, in ?
    main()
  File "./getfullcomps.py", line 103, in main
    for req in hdr[rpm.RPMTAG_REQUIRENAME]:
TypeError: iteration over non-sequence

I am not familiar with python, what does this error mean and how to fix
it?

Another question regarding rpmbuild: when I create a RPM, how can I
specify the dependencies of this RPM?

Thank you very much for your help!

Xiaoqin

2. complete system freeze on boot on winchip c6

3. comp.sys.hp comp.sys.sgi comp.sys.sun comp.unix.ultrix comp.unix.wizards

4. I reformatted my boot disk, what can I do?

5. XML SIG meeting Tuesday 24 August 1999: Elliotte Rusty Harold speaks on XML

6. raid5 (smart scsi)

7. Configuring Apache Jserv to recognise XML as correct context type of text/xml

8. Supra i33.6 Cardinal PnP modem.....anyone using one?

9. New and Updated Java & XML Technologies from alphaWorks

10. comp.os.linux, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.security, comp.os.linux.networking

11. New and Updated Java & XML Technologies from alphaWorks

12. Is there an update command for updated aliases file?

13. XML file formats