Web page or tutorial on window manager .*rc files

Web page or tutorial on window manager .*rc files

Post by Joe Vahabzade » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hey all,

        Allrighty, I've been tinkering with my .twmrc file and trying to figure
out some stuff.

        Well, apparently, there's a lot more involved than I can figure out
from trying to reverse-engineer (for lack of a better term) the file.

        So is there any web site, faq, tutorial or whatever that teaches you
what all the tags/commands are and how to use them in these
.<whatever>wmrc files?

        Thanks in advance.

        Plus, where are the little widgets/icons/whatever that are used in the
titlebar of a window in X stored at?

        - Joe
--
---------------------------------------
To email me, add .com to the end of my

Web page or tutorial on window manager .*rc files

Post by Joe Vahabzade » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Oops . . .

        Well, uh, I, um . . . you see . . . well, I asked this same question of
a friend of mine at work.

        I *really* have to get more used to UNIX . .  he said "have you tried
typing 'man twm'?"

        Doh!!

        So, er, while I'm now looking at that, if anyone has any "further
reference" guides in regard to the question below, above and beyond what
the man page says, let me know.

        Meanwhile, I'll just sit here reading the man page and trying not to
look too stupid!  :-P

        - Joe

I wrote earlier:

Quote:

> Hey all,

>         Allrighty, I've been tinkering with my .twmrc file and trying to figure
> out some stuff.

>         Well, apparently, there's a lot more involved than I can figure out
> from trying to reverse-engineer (for lack of a better term) the file.

>         So is there any web site, faq, tutorial or whatever that teaches you
> what all the tags/commands are and how to use them in these
> .<whatever>wmrc files?

>         Thanks in advance.

>         Plus, where are the little widgets/icons/whatever that are used in the
> titlebar of a window in X stored at?

>         - Joe
> --
> ---------------------------------------
> To email me, add .com to the end of my
> mail address if it's not already there.
> ---------------------------------------

Web page or tutorial on window manager .*rc files

Post by Karl Lati » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 09 Jul 1998 10:54:27 -0400, Joe Vahabzadeh

>Hey all,

>    Allrighty, I've been tinkering with my .twmrc file and trying to figure
>out some stuff.

>    Well, apparently, there's a lot more involved than I can figure out
>from trying to reverse-engineer (for lack of a better term) the file.

>    So is there any web site, faq, tutorial or whatever that teaches you
>what all the tags/commands are and how to use them in these
>.<whatever>wmrc files?

You should be able to man fwmrc

--
Karl Latiss

1. Text color in KDE file manager on web pages

I have Suse 6.4 and am using the file manager to browse the web.
There are a lot of pages that the text shows up so light that I can barely
read it.  In other broswers the text is black.
It's very irritating not to be able to read a page because the text color is
this very faint grey color that you can't see against the white background.
Is there something I need to configure to fix this. The text should be black
and its coming out very very light grey.

Scotty99

2. Do you have a Unix (AIX), HA (HACMP) and SAP setup?

3. Utility to convert PowerPoint "web pages" into real web pages?

4. eql_ensalve can't find libc.so.4

5. Configuring a web link on a web page to run a Citrix .ica file

6. LANSurfer Driver Problem

7. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

8. Probelm with PS/2 keyboard

9. Open Windows File Manager File Associations

10. NT Web Server : Seeking beta testers for Windows 95, Windows NT Web Server

11. difference between /etc/rc.sysinit and /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit ?

12. which user does /etc/rc.d/rc.local / rc.sysinit run as?

13. File Manager's Find command causes File Manager to close - why?