which dosemu w/ 1.2.0

Post by William McCart » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hiya:

Well, I have dosemu 50pl1 working with an older kernel, but now since
I've got 1.2.0 to work and run really smooth, I'd like to try dosemu
for that one. I tried 0-60.0, but got an error right off the bat about
set: P not defined - six lines and then make died. Anyone have a working
emu with 1.2.0? I have gcc 2.5.8. Thanks

|          \/
| | |\| |_|/\
 ----

which dosemu w/ 1.2.0

Post by Hans L » Mon, 17 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>Well, I have dosemu 50pl1 working with an older kernel, but now since
>I've got 1.2.0 to work and run really smooth, I'd like to try dosemu
>for that one. I tried 0-60.0, but got an error right off the bat about
>set: P not defined - six lines and then make died. Anyone have a working
>emu with 1.2.0? I have gcc 2.5.8. Thanks

I got the same warning, just ignored it and managed to compile
dosemu 0.60.0 with kernel 1.2.2 and gcc 2.5.8.

There was one problem, however, which was a bit more difficult: when
linking libdosemu-0.60.0 there were undefined symbols __IO_stderr and
__IO_stdout. Apparently, even though my libc.so.4.5.24 should be
recent enough, according to QuickStart, it isn't. Because I dislike
upgrading shared libs (you never know which programs are going to
break), I tried the following kludge:

Make a file 'kludge.c' like this:

#include <stdio.h>
FILE * _IO_stdin_ = stdin;
FILE * _IO_stdout_ = stdout;
FILE * _IO_stderr_ = stderr;

compile it with gcc -c and add 'kludge.o' just before -lc in the
$(LIBDOSEMU) target (Makefile around line 410)
It was a bit of guesswork but it works.

It is a bit strange that the source code for libslang.a  is not included
in the dosemu-0.60.0 package. If it were, I would have had no problems.

--
Hans Lub                                                +31 30-899249

which dosemu w/ 1.2.0

Post by William McCart » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

>>Well, I have dosemu 50pl1 working with an older kernel, but now since
>>I've got 1.2.0 to work and run really smooth, I'd like to try dosemu
>>for that one. I tried 0-60.0, but got an error right off the bat about
>>set: P not defined - six lines and then make died. Anyone have a working
>>emu with 1.2.0? I have gcc 2.5.8. Thanks

>I got the same warning, just ignored it and managed to compile
>dosemu 0.60.0 with kernel 1.2.2 and gcc 2.5.8.

>There was one problem, however, which was a bit more difficult: when
>linking libdosemu-0.60.0 there were undefined symbols __IO_stderr and
>__IO_stdout. Apparently, even though my libc.so.4.5.24 should be
>recent enough, according to QuickStart, it isn't. Because I dislike
>upgrading shared libs (you never know which programs are going to
>break), I tried the following kludge:

>Make a file 'kludge.c' like this:

>#include <stdio.h>
>FILE * _IO_stdin_ = stdin;
>FILE * _IO_stdout_ = stdout;
>FILE * _IO_stderr_ = stderr;

>compile it with gcc -c and add 'kludge.o' just before -lc in the
>$(LIBDOSEMU) target (Makefile around line 410)
>It was a bit of guesswork but it works.

>It is a bit strange that the source code for libslang.a  is not included
>in the dosemu-0.60.0 package. If it were, I would have had no problems.

>--
>Hans Lub                                                +31 30-899249

Well, to follow-up my own posting: I managed to get 0.6.0 to compile and
work okay. Still got the set:P no t defined in each of the /dirs that
the compile entered, but seemingly no problems. The mouse driver works,
and I got Quicken running - major reason for running dosemu. I really didn't
have to kludge anything - which is good 'cause I ain't no wiz wid CEE.
Someone mentioned I needed slang to get dosemu to work. I didn't. Can
anyone clarify the use of slang? Anyway, dosemu is great to have running
again. I'm now back to full un-interrupted production on 1.2.0. Just got
to get my scsi stuff and fiddle with that.

|          \/
| | |\| |_|/\

1. DOSEMU: dosemu needs a standard input

I've installed dosemu-0.64.2 and it works perfectly when run from a console or tty.  However I need to have some automated process run from the
web so I call dosemu in a perl cgi.  The older version of dosemu 0.62 worked as long as you called it like this:

system "dos -F /etc/dosverify.conf < /dev/tty5 > /dev/null";

It seemed to use /dev/tty5 as the standard input and be satisfied however the new version does not work.  It executes and dies without giving an error message.
Does anybody have any idea how I could provide a terminal somehow get it to work from the web cgi?  Thanks in advance.

2. Problem : arp

3. DOSEMU: One autoexec for regular dos and dosemu

4. Building version info into progs

5. DOSEMU at bootup question (dosemu newbie?)

6. Linux <---> DOS/Windows

7. DOSEMU config and flags for DOSEMU compilation?

8. How to make the up arrow and down arrow to keep the command history?

9. dosemu error: /var/lib/dosemu/hdimage.first doesn't exist

10. DOSEMU 0.52 - cant make the dosemu.dvi manual

11. DPMI under dosemu (was Re: DOSEMU Success list!!)

12. DOSEMU: Newbie question: can't lauch dosemu from dos floppy

13. DOSEMU: dosemu.users no effect?