1. libXpm and lyx problem
I tried to install/run lyx yesterday and ran into all kinds of
1. I found a copy of lyx-11.48, converted the rpm to a tarball, unpacked
and compiled it. Seems to work fine.
2. Now, I tried to run lyx and just got a core dump.
3. Time to read the docs....according to the readme I have to have
libXpm 4.7. I had 4.6 installed, so I found a compiled copy of 4.7 and
installed that. Did a ldconfig and recompiled lyx.
4. Tried lyx again...more core dumps.
5. So, deciding that if lyx was that hard to run, I'd do something else
with my life I got rid of the lyx stuff and logged out of my xsession.
6. This AM I couldn't log in! Took me a while to figure it out, but my
fvwm95 wouldn't work with libXpm 4.7. Works fine with 4.6, so I deleted
the 4.7, did a ldconfig and now fvwm95 works again.
Does any of this make any sense? First off, I don't understand why lyx
doesn't work...but even more confsuing is the problem with
fvwm95--shouldn't something which works with version 4.6 of ANY library
also work with 4.7? I understand the problems you get if you link with
version 4.x and then use 5.x, but...
/ ) / Bob van der Poel
/___/_(_) /_) http://www2.awinc.com/users/bvdpoel
2. general internet questions
3. Problem with libXpm.so.4.11
4. sendmail problem , urgent
5. Newbie startx problem: can't load library 'libXpm.so.4'
6. XFree86 3.3.5
7. Installing StarOffice: libXpm.so.4 load problem
8. !!Help!! Reboot with GA-686BLX Motherboard
9. Problems: libXpm.so.4(netscapeb4) / flock() emulation
10. problem opening libXpm.so.4
11. problem with libXpm.so.4
12. libXpm.so problem
13. help - libXpm.so.3 needed