gcj on Mandrake : can't compile java : crt1.o error

gcj on Mandrake : can't compile java : crt1.o error

Post by Paul Mo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello everybody,
I have the following prob when I try to compile anything (Hello.java
aso) with gcj (GNU native java compiler) on a Mandrake 7.0-2 distro:

/usr/lib/crt1.o: In function `_start':
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

So it comes from the linker.
I checked that the crt1.o files were installed (funny: there are 2 of
them, and they are different: /usr/lib/crt1.o and
/usr/i586-glibc20-linux/lib/crt1.o ).
I also tried to install almost all the devel.rpm libs I could find on
the CDROM to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Paul