Linux Pro 4.0 or Red Hat 4.0

Post by Jim Chane » Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I was just about to order my Red Hat 4.0 disk the yesterday when I found
another distribution called "Linux Pro.  It says it is based from the Red Hat
3.0.3 and parts of other distributions.  Has anyone ever used Linux Pro 4.0
or installed it, and how does it compare to Red Hat 4.0?  Linux Pro comes in
a 6 CD set for $49.99, and I can get Red Hat for $36.00 for just 1 CD.  I
have to make my decision soon because this money is burning a hole in my
pocket and if I don't get it now I'll spend it on something else.  In the
announcment for Linux Pro 4.0 it says it includes all the software needed to
set up a complete Internet Service Provider (ISP) system, PC-LAN or a
personal Internet access station.  But are these programs any good or are
they just some generic slaped together to make money deal.  Red Hat says it
comes with all the software for the same purposes, but it gives names and
descriptions of each program.  I need your help so, if you can email me the
responce so I can make my decision faster, thanks...

P.S. The description page for Linux Pro 4.0
<http://www.all-linux.com/Allann/lxpro4an.html>.
--
Name: Jim Chaney

1. ati rage 128 pro, xfree 4.0 and red hat = :-(((

Hi!

I'm trying to configure my x-free 4.0.2 on a red hat 7.0.91...

so far, i've found out that rage 128 pro isn't that easy!!! ;-)

standard-installation fails and the setrage tool doesn't work either. i have
to mention, that i want to use a dvi-display, so the standart vga-out isn't
used.

(sorry... my english has been better...)

what can i do? every time i start x, the screen stays blank and my lcd shows
me, that the sync isn't correct...

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??

I'm new to linux and can't understand this... please help!!!

2. MAC Adress

3. Xdvi/espf Problem in TeTeX, Red Hat 4.0 Linux

4. Suse 10 OSS and Z-COM Wireless prob

5. building skey on Red Hat Linux ver 4.0

6. PDC20276 driver not working in kernel 2.5.46

7. Netscape 3.0 configuration in Linux 2.0.18 (Red Hat 4.0)

8. captuing packets and understanding them.

9. Infoworld awards Best Desktop OS of '96 to Red Hat Linux 4.0

10. How TO? Linux Red Hat 4.0 + Win95 32Fat

11. How to install Windows-NT(4.0) and Red-Hat Linux?

12. Red Hat Linux 4.0

13. Red Hat Linux 6.2 & XFree86 4.0?