Ethernet installation

Post by Jeffrey Ell » Sun, 25 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am attempting to install Slackware 3.0 ELF release from the Linux
Developers Resource CD-ROM. I installed this product last week without
hitch. For various reasons I decided to reformat my drive and
reinstall.
Now I can't connect to my campus network through tcp/ip.

On startup I get the following errors which are reported by ifconfig.

SIOSCIFADDR no Such Device.
SIOCSIFBRDADDRD no Such Device
SIOSCINETMAS no Such Device
SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable
SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable

I am using a 3com 3c5x9b-tp. The frustrating part is that it worked
fine
without any modification the last time I installed it and I have not
made any hardware change.

Have you any suggestions.

---
Electronically signed by - Jeffrey M. Ellin
Union College - Electrical Engineering

Ethernet installation

Post by James Partingto » Tue, 27 Feb 1996 04:00:00

: Now I can't connect to my campus network through tcp/ip.

: On startup I get the following errors which are reported by ifconfig.

: SIOSCIFADDR no Such Device.
: SIOCSIFBRDADDRD no Such Device
: SIOSCINETMAS no Such Device
: SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable
: SIOCADDRT Network Unreachable
: I am using a 3com 3c5x9b-tp. The frustrating part is that it worked
: fine
: without any modification the last time I installed it and I have not
: made any hardware change.
: Have you any suggestions.

Well, umm no - I had the same thing happen to me, but then I took my
network card out... Maybe you have a loose connection? Checked something
like that, maybe?

--
Pessimist: Can't get any worse...               Optimist: It can, it can!!!
                                Apathy Rul

1. Ethernet Installation Problems

: Hello all.

: I'm having a problem getting the Kernel to reconize the eth0 device.

Does linux recognize the ethernet card at boot time with a message like:

eth0: NE2000 found at ...

If not: Probably you have to compile a NE2000 bugfix within your kernel,
        mail me if it is so.

Michael

2. Corel linux - How long to install ?

3. Ethernet Installation

4. SMBFS kernel module

5. Ethernet installation

6. IP alias alternative

7. Realtek 8029 Ethernet Installation

8. NFS export to NT ?

9. Panic after fast ethernet installation

10. PCMCIA Ethernet installation of Red Hat 5.2

11. Dec 24110/Ethernet Installation Problems

12. Ethernet Installation Problems

13. Ethernet card found during installation but I see error msgs on console (server installation)