Problem w/lilo and multiple booting

Post by Rick Smit » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:48:24

Hi.

I'm trying to setup a pc with two versions of DOS and RH linux 7.0. The
first DOS installed in hda2 and the second on hda3. Linux is installed
on hda1. lilo is installed on the MBR.

The lilo.conf I'm using:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
  label=linux
  read-only
  root=/dev/hda1

other=/dev/hda2
  label=Windoze
  change
    partition=/dev/hda3
      deactivate
      set=DOS16_big_hidden
    partition=/dev/hda2
      activate
      set=DOS16_big_normal

other=/dev/hda3
  label=AutoDOS
  change
    partition=/dev/hda2
      deactivate
      set=DOS16_big_hidden
    partition=/dev/hda3
      activate
      set=DOS16_big_normal

When I boot to Linux and Windoze, everthing works fine. When I boot to
AutoDos, hda3 is made active, but the line set=DOS16_big_normal does not
seem to take effect, and hda3 remains hidden. If I used Partition magic
to make hda3 visible, AutoDOS boots fine. If I (as a debug tool) changed
the active of hda3 under AutoDOS to deactivate, hda3 is now not active,
proving that the active and set=DOS16_big_normal inde AutoDOS /dev/hda3
is being executed when I think it should be.

Any help appreciated.

Rick