recompiling kernel keep getting unresolved symbols

recompiling kernel keep getting unresolved symbols

Post by Neil Robinso » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I keep getting unresolved symbols in the ip_masq stuff as well as now in the
slip.o file. I am using a RH5.2 installation. I recently installed the
kernel-2.0.36-3.rpm, but this doesn't seemed to have helped, in fact, if
anything, it made matters worse. Can someone point me to a reliable set of
source files so that I can finally get the ip_masquerading to work on the
machine?

Ciao, Neil

Post by Ben Syk » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

>I keep getting unresolved symbols in the ip_masq stuff as well as now in the
>slip.o file. I am using a RH5.2 installation. I recently installed the
>kernel-2.0.36-3.rpm, but this doesn't seemed to have helped, in fact, if
>anything, it made matters worse. Can someone point me to a reliable set of
>source files so that I can finally get the ip_masquerading to work on the
>machine?

Neil -

I had this problem when I didn't get all the other kernel files. Try getting:

SysVinit
initscripts
kernel-
kernel-headers
kernel-ibcs
kernel-pcmcia-cs
kernel-source
kernelcfg

This should work for you, because after I got all these files, it compiled
without a hitch.

--
Ben Sykes
Dallas, TX