Trying to install RedHat Linux 5.2, I/O errors!!!

Trying to install RedHat Linux 5.2, I/O errors!!!

Post by tali » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hey guys.
I need desperate linux help.
Ok, i'm trying to install Red Hat linux 5.2, but I"m getting the
following error:

"An error occured reading the partition table for the block device
/tmp/hdc.  The error was : : Input/Output Error."

Whats wrong?
Someone says its about my ZIP drive, and someone else said my hardrive
is crapping out.  Also, my comp is brand new...

I need help bad! -_-;;

Thanks a lot guys...

---Unit-01
"If idiots could fly, AOL would be an airport..."

1. Trying to install Redhat 5.2 on Jensen DECpc axp 150

Has anyone been able to install Linux on a Jensen with no video card. I do
not need
video since this system will just be a server. I can boot the kernel then I
loose all
communication to the serial port. Following is the console serial port
output.

System power up OK.

INIT-S-CPU...
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...
AUDIT_CHECKSUM_GOOD
AUDIT_LOAD_BEGINS
AUDIT_LOAD_DONE

aboot: Linux/Alpha SRM bootloader version 0.5
aboot: switching to OSF/1 PALcode version 1.35
aboot: valid disklabel found: 8 partitions.
Enter kernel name and arguments:
aboot> 0/a root=/dev/scd0 load_ramdisk=1
aboot: booted_dev=`scsi 1 5 0 0 100 0 jens-io', guessing boot_device=`scd0'
aboot: loading plain a...
aboot: unexpected object file format 113656
aboot: loading compressed a...
aboot: ok, now starting the kernel...

At this point it appears that the kernel is mounting the CD.
Is there an ABOOT switch I can pass to the kernel to force it to
use the Serial port??

Thanks in advance for any help you can render

Ken Kulink

2. Top 10 subjects comp.unix.questions

3. Frustrating experience trying to install RedHat 5.2

4. How to plot opengl in none empty Gtk window?

5. Trying to install RedHat 5.2 in my old IBM PS/1

6. AWK - Help !!

7. something wrong when i try to install the Redhat 5.2

8. What is ELF?

9. Redhat Linux 5.2 Install: Error 0x10

10. Redhat Linux 5.2 Install Problem "Error reading directory"

11. -------Error installing RedHat Linux 5.2 from HD-------

12. RedHat 5.2: Error installing by ftp

13. help: RedHat 5.2 workstation install /w 1 gig unassigned unused diskspace - insufficent space error!!!@!@!