14 gig hard drive

Post by Kevin P Moone » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I recently purchased a new system with a 14 Gig hard drive.  When
installing slackware (V3.5 kernel 2.0.34), the drive seems to be
recognized at boot-up.  However, fdisk sees only the first 8 gig (1024
cylinders).

I've read about the 8 gig limit, and how the newer kernels don't have
this problem.  My question is, how do I install using the whole drive
when fdisk doesn't see the entire drive?

--
Kevin P. Mooney

WWW: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kpmooney

1. 14 gig hard drive

I recently purchased a new system with a 14 Gig hard drive.  When
installing slackware (V3.5 kernel 2.0.34), the drive seems to be
recognized at boot-up.  However, fdisk sees only the first 8 gig (1024
cylinders).

I've read about the 8 gig limit, and how the newer kernels don't have
this problem.  My question is, how do I install using the whole drive
when fdisk doesn't see the entire drive?

--
Kevin P. Mooney

WWW: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kpmooney

2. PC configuration

3. Partitioning 14 Gig drive

4. utility to view shared memory objects

5. >137 Gig Hard drives / 2.4.18 and Maxtor 160 Gig HDD

6. configuring network gateway

7. LILO on a 8 gig hard drive

8. What's the mechanism of hardware driver in linux?

9. HELP with 1 gig hard drive.. CANT BOOT!

10. 8 Gig Hard Drive On an old BIOS system (486 HP Vectra)?

11. Why does Solaris 7 see only 56 Megs of my 4 Gig Hard Drive?

12. 6.1 gig hard drive

13. Slackware and 1 Gig hard drives