anyone get mini-linux to work?

Post by Tom Geig » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have tried unsuccessfully to get mini-linux to work.  Anyone ever
install and run this distribution of linux?  Does it work or is it me?

Thanks in advance for the help.

anyone get mini-linux to work?

Post by Steven Bol » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I have tried unsuccessfully to get mini-linux to work.  Anyone ever
>install and run this distribution of linux?  Does it work or is it me?

I did, and it worked - after getting rid of the Portuguese kb. Your success
with XWindows depends heavily on your hardware. And of course there are
no man pages or any other dox, and it runs in umsdos. I'd say it's
interesting if you know your way around both unix and X and want to
testdrive Linux. If you are new to the os, go for a more complete
distribution.

1. Has anyone gotten a SIIG Soundwave 1000 Soundcard to work under Linux?

SIIG sells a soundcard that is billed to have an OPL3 and be sound
blaster compatible under the name above.  Don't buy it.  It is only
marginally compatible with the sound blaster card and doesn't really
have an OPL3 on it.  It is emulated in software.  Unfortunately I
already told a friend of mine that it would probably work and he
purchased it for $30 dollars.  Now if I can't get it to work I am going
to feel obligated to purchase the thing from him.

Has anyone out there convinced this beast to sing?  Any help would be
appreciated.  I don't really need or want a new sound card :-)

Next time I will check the HOWTO for a compatiblity list and not trust
the vendor.  Live and learn.

--

An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.
        -- John Buchan

2. Specialix

3. Has anyone gotten linux to work on Acer780CX(portable)

4. __P()

5. anyone gotten linux-rvplayer5 to work?

6. User Shell problem

7. Anyone gotten Dimage to work with Linux

8. serious problem w Apache 1.2.4 CGI and HTTP requests from Java applet in MSIE 4.0

9. Has anyone gotten Gigabyte 586-AT to work with NCR53c810 & Linux?

10. Has anyone gotten Real-Audio 3.0 working on Linux ?

11. Has anyone had any luck getting an AHA-2910 to work under Linux?

12. Getting Linux onto a Panasonic CF-M32 Mini-Laptop

13. Mini-linux