S.u.S.E. Linux installation probs

Post by Andreas Huc » Thu, 19 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Does anybody use S.u.S.E. Linux 1.2.12 with the YaST setup tool?
When I choose "install from CD-ROM" in YaST, the message "Trying to mount
device" appears and the computer hangs completely.
System:
486DX266, 8MB, Sony CDU33A, IDE HD 420Megs

Thanx in advance!

1. SUSe Linux 9.0 Pro - Installation Probs

Hi - I'm new to Linux and have just purchased the SuSe 9.0 Pro distro.  I
know there's 90 days installation support available and will use it Monday
if I can't get this sorted before then.

To install I need to boot from the CD ROM - that's the problem, the CD ROM
reports "boot fail" at the startup screen.  I've tried with the SuSe CD 1
and 2 separately as per the installation reference.  The BIOS is set to boot
from CDROM, A, C (though I've tried A, CDROM, C too).

I'm using a Matshita CR-585 CD ROM on an MS Windows 2000 Professional (SP4)
workstation.  I've searched the net (and will keep looking) but I'd
appreciate any ideas anyone might have in the meantime.

I've tried booting to a command line from floppy disk with the CD ROM
drivers included but can't see anything on the CD ROM that looks obviously
executable - I'm new to the Linux/UNIX environment so maybe I'm missing
something obvious.

PS:  the disc itself is OK as I've booted on a friends PC running Windows XP
Pro and the installation screen appeared as exepected.

Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

2. Please HELP me find a solution

3. probs: suse 7.3 installation: Partition check

4. Error when running exportfs

5. S.u.S.E. 6.1: Installation via FTP

6. Slackware96+ntex => banned

7. S.u.S.E. 5.3 /YaST installation error . Help!

8. netscape 4.6.1 crashes when i visit this site !!

9. S.u.S.E. 5.3 Installation

10. Probs with Adaptec2940U2W and SuSE 6.3 Linux

11. PHP Installation Probs on Linux 7.0

12. Installation prob with Win2000 & Corel Linux ver 1

13. Red Hat 6.2 linux installation probs