Turtle Beach Montego Bay A3D PCI sound card...

Turtle Beach Montego Bay A3D PCI sound card...

Post by Carey Bingha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello, does anyone have any idea how to set this card up in Linux.  I
have yet to try sndconfig,as I just read that suggestion in here,
however, I thought I might as well ask in case anyone has a suggestion.

Do I need to DL any drivers(I am using RH 6.0 with Gnome or Afterstep).
I couldn't see my card on Turtle Beach's site either(May be it is
discontinued?).

Thanks very much,

Carey

--
Carey Bingham, B.Sc.
Human Resources FST, TCPL

Turtle Beach Montego Bay A3D PCI sound card...

Post by Leejay W » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Excerpts from netnews.comp.os.linux.setup: 12-Oct-99 Turtle Beach

Quote:> Hello, does anyone have any idea how to set this card up in Linux.  I
> have yet to try sndconfig,as I just read that suggestion in here,
> however, I thought I might as well ask in case anyone has a suggestion.

Hisssssssssssssssss.

Did you do a Deja search?  Try 'Aureal Vortex', or alternately
'Turtle Beach Montego', in comp.os.linux.* ... and if you don't
remember it's chip designation, it's an AU8820.

It's there.  LOTS of times.

[snip]
--

|--------------------------| he writes really bad haiku |
|   #include <stddiscl.h>  | readers all go mad         |

1. Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64 Voice PCI Sound Card

Has anyone been able to get FreeBSD to recognize the Turtle Beach
Montego A3D 64 Voice PCI Sound Card?  This sound card is fairly fancy
with joy stick and mic support, but I would be happy with only basic
sound.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions.

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE.

Thanks very much,
Sandy Rutherford
Dept. of Mathematics
University of British Columbia

2. vector field drawing

3. Help: config Turtle Beach Montego A3D 64v sound card

4. devfs and a cdrom module

5. Drivers for Turtle Beach Montego A3D Sound card

6. Alpha hardware problem...

7. Turtle Beach Montego A3D sound cards

8. colormap

9. Setup for sound card Turtle beach Montego II A3D (+USB)

10. Turtle Beach Montego II (A3D) sound card setup!!!!!

11. Trying to Config a Turtle Beach Montego A3D Card

12. Turtle Beach Montego PCI Sound Card /w Linux

13. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D Support