Dialup PPP...?

Post by Shan » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

On Sat, 22 Mar 97 17:09:40 GMT,

>I'm ready to attempt using my Linux setup to dial into my ISP.  What
>software is required to do this..?  Something similar to Win95 dialup
>networking with TCP/IP, etc.

I've got a quick 4 step, 5 minute ISP HOWTO on my Tune Up paqe if
you're interested.

Quote:>When I installed Slakware, I chose to install networking, but I don't see
>anything for the purpose.

Good thing you did.  Otherwise you might have to recompile your kernel
for Network support (not a bad idea anyhow).

Shane
-- The probability that a given thread has degenerated into a pissing contest
is directly portional to its number of replies. --

Visit http://home.earthlink.net/~shanec/

Dialup PPP...?

Post by Robert C. Pri » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Get the document ISP-Hookup-HOWTO from:

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO

(and note the capital L in Linux)

: I'm ready to attempt using my Linux setup to dial into my ISP.  What
: software is required to do this..?  Something similar to Win95 dialup
: networking with TCP/IP, etc.

: When I installed Slakware, I chose to install networking, but I don't see
: anything for the purpose.

:    Larry Jandro, [edit header to reply via e-mail]
:    *  LJ Video Engineering  *
:    *   near San Francisco   *
:    *    www.ljvideo.com     *
:    My Siberian journal photos are now being featured at
:    http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~mes/russia/siberia/east.html

Dialup PPP...?

Post by Larry Jandr » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I'm ready to attempt using my Linux setup to dial into my ISP.  What
> software is required to do this..?  Something similar to Win95 dialup
> networking with TCP/IP, etc.

> When I installed Slakware, I chose to install networking, but I don't see
> anything for the purpose.

Thanks to everyone here who replied, and to those who helped even more
in e-mail.

I've got dialup via pppd to my ISP and am now happily writing this
followup with Netscape running under Linux.

It's been a REAL BUSY past couple of days, what with upgrading XFree86,
downloading and installing Netscape for UNIX, and finally configuring
pppd.

Ya-friggen-hoo..!

1. Solaris 2.4 PPP <----> Win95 Dialup PPP Anybody?

Has anyone successfully created a Win95 PPP dialup connection to a Solaris
2.4 or 2.x system? The Solaris system (SPARC) is the server, no DNS and
static IP addressing. It works fine when connecting from PC's running OEM
versions of TCP/IP but not the new and wonderful Win95!

Thanks in advance...

Bill S.

2. Partition deletion problem

3. Dialup PPP-domainname-resolver guru wanted!

4. user directory - permission denied problem

5. Dialup (ppp) help!!!!!!!!!!!

6. how to telnet to linux server with root right!

7. Dialup PPP connection can't see past ISP box

8. md5 source

9. Is there any way to use dialup PPP without having ipforwarding enabled?

10. Sharing internet connection with dialup ppp clients

11. Request: Need help with dialup ppp.

12. NEWS over dialup PPP

13. Sendmail or Fetchmail with a dialup PPP?