xterm

Post by Andy » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have been unable to use my alt keys in a xterm session.
For some reason it gives me charector codes instead of the
alt-command(in the xterm itself).  How do I fix this.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy,

xterm

Post by T.E.Dicke » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have been unable to use my alt keys in a xterm session.
> For some reason it gives me charector codes instead of the
> alt-command(in the xterm itself).  How do I fix this.  Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

man xterm:

     eightBitInput (class EightBitInput)
             If true, Meta characters input from the keyboard are
             presented  as a single character with the eighth bit
             turned on.  If false, Meta characters are  converted
             into  a  two-character  sequence  with the character
             itself preceded by ESC.  The default is ``true.''

--
Thomas E.*ey

http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. pasting from xterm to Netscape kills xterm

If I have text in an xterm, that I want to paste into Netscape, I
highlight it, and use the middle mouse button to paste.  This used to
work just fine.  Then we recently swapped around some hardware,
including my RS/6000 (a 43P-140 if that helps).  Now, the text does not
get pasted, and the xterm dies.

This happens in Netscape 4.05 and 4.5; I don't have other versions
easily available.  Window manager is mwm.  AIX oslevel is 4.2.1.0.

Clues?  (Upgrading the OS is not an option.)  Other info needed?

Thanks!

--
Dave Aronson, Sysop, AirNSun (f120.n109.z1.fidonet.org) +1-703-319-0714
Opinions MINE, not by GeoCities/Template/Mensa/NRA/SCA/CAUCE/USGov/God!

2. DEC 5150 C compiler

3. How do I autoset "TERM=xterm" for xterms?

4. ld-error on 2.4.2 and on 2.4.1

5. xterm, run a process, keep xterm open

6. Xconfig for PowerGraph X-24 request.

7. xterm: how to open a new xterm and run telnet

8. Solaris 2.7 and kerberos v.5

9. xterm, visualbell off, slooowwww xterm flash

10. xterm &, run a setup script, xterm won't stay on

11. Linux/NCD Xterms and Xterm serial port

12. Xterm BugFix: XTerm doesn't "eightBitInput" unter NetBSD

13. How Cron job open Xterm window and display outputs to this xterm?