Mass Migration from Microsoft Windows to .....

Mass Migration from Microsoft Windows to .....

Post by gold_.. » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Buy linux cdrom for $5 (U.S. dollars) from -
        http://www.lsl.com
        http://www.cheapbytes.com
        http://linuxcentral.com/
        http://www.linuxmall.com/
        http://www.redhat.com
        http://www.suse.com
        http://www.caldera.com

A single linux cdrom contains more than 1500 software packages!
Purchase a Intel/AMD/Cyrix box for $600 (without microsoft
windows/DOS) from the local computer hardware store and save
$300 by avoiding Microsoft Windows! There are local hardware stores
who sell bare computer hardware only WITHOUT any pre-loaded software.

Linux applications are at :
        http://www.caldera.com/tech-ref/linuxapps/linapps.html

Note: Some of the packages listed below are commercial and others
 are on the Linux cdrom.

Microsoft Windows for linux : Linux has WABI, WINE, VNC packages which
        runs all MS Windows 3.1 programs inside linux window!

MSDOS for linux : Linux has Dr. DOS from http://www.caldera.com which
        runs all DOS programs inside a linux window!!
        See also DosEmu (DOS-Emulator) package

Microsoft SQLserver (RDBMS Database) : Linux has these databases -
        PostgreSQL - http://www.postgresql.org
        (see Database-PostgreSQL-HOWTO on cdrom)
        MySQL - http://www.tcx.se  (from Sweden)
        Solid - http://www.solidtech.com  (from Finland)
        Addabas - http://www.adabas.com (from Germany)
        YardSQL - http://www.yard.de (from Germany)
        Empress - http://www.empress.com (from U.S.)
        Interbase - http://www.interbase.com (from Borland Corp)

Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets : Linux has TeaPot, WingZ and NeXS.

Microsoft Win95 Desktop : Linux has KDE - http://www.kde.org
        Lesstiff - A industry standard Motif tool and Windows,
        Afterstep, Windowmaker (NeXTstep-lookalike),
        QVwm, fvwm95 (Win95-lookalike), amiwm (amiga), mlvwm (mac) etc.

Microsoft Internet Web server: Linux has Apache, Roxen Challenger,
        Netscape Fasttrack, Sun Microsystem's Java Web server.

Microsoft Internet Explorer: Linux has Netscape browser/communicator,
LynX,
        Kfm (KDE Filemanager), Mosaic, Amaya, Arena, Sun Microsystem Hotjava,
etc.

Microsoft Win32 connectivity : Linux has SAMBA,
        and Netware connectivity with MARS-NWE.

Microsoft Word : Linux has Wordperfect 7.0, LyX, xdvi, XWord,
        Adobe Acrobat reader, FrameMaker, LaTex, SGML Tools,
        Jade, JadeTex.

Microsoft Office suite: Linux has StarOffice suite (from Germany),
        ApplixWare office suites, Coreldraw suites, SGML, Jade.

Microsoft Visual Basic: Linux has VisualTCL, SpecTCL

Microsoft Visual C++ : Linux has QT application framework C++ QtEZ,
        VIBE, Code Crusader, WipeOut, RHIDE, C-Forge
        XWPE - X Windows programming environment, XEmacs,
        Gnome, GNU C Compiler (C, C++, Objective-C)

Microsoft Exchange (Mail server): Linux has Sendmail, qmail, smail,
        exim, exmh package (mail-user-agent)

Microsoft JAVA : Linux has Java IDE "FreeBuilder", JccWarrior, Wipeout,
        Vibe, SunMicrosystem Java Workshop for Linux

Microsoft Mail/Lotus CCMAIL : Linux has ZMail, exmh, umt, xfmail,
        kmail, xmh, xcmail, soma, privtool, etc..

Microsoft Scheduler/Personal productivity tools: See the Personal
productivity
        Tools at http://www.caldera.com/tech-ref/linuxapps/linapps.html

Microsoft Notepad : Linux has CRisp, vi, NEdit, Jed, EMACS, Joe,
        Elvis and several hundreds more... on cdrom

Microsoft Desktop Publishing : Linux has SGML tools, LaTex, Jade,
        JadeTex, FrameMaker, Corel office, Applixware, StarOffice.

AutoCAD CAD package: Linux has AC3D package at
        http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/andy/ac3d.html

Adobe Photoshop : Linux has GIMP at http://www.gimp.org

Progamming languages : Linux has C, C++, Java, Lisp, Fortran, Perl,
        Python, Pascal, Intel X86 assembler, awk, sed, korn shell, zsh,
        bash, Tcl/Tk, Prolog, Rexx, Smalltalk, SQL and hundreds more
        on cdrom.

Linux, LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,
day in day out  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX
Try once. You will become die hard linux fan!!!!

Oops!! My Windows95 crashed now giving a ugly GPF fault!
Now, Mr.Bill Gates put down, I say, put down those ugly windows
disks and see the details given above.

Post by Alexander Vi » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

>Buy linux cdrom for $5 (U.S. dollars) from -
>    http://www.lsl.com
>    http://www.cheapbytes.com
>    http://linuxcentral.com/
>    http://www.linuxmall.com/
>    http://www.redhat.com
>    http://www.suse.com
>    http://www.caldera.com
[snip]

>Linux, LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,
>day in day out  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX,  LINUX
>Try once. You will become die hard linux fan!!!!

[snip]
        WTFH? Where did this converted spammer crawl from? Remember you,
piece of sh^W^W^Wmarketeer: Linux is not SPAM. Not to mention the fact
that advertising Linux in c.o.l.* is kinda idiocy. And watch your steps:
as soon as your BI will reach 20 (you are close)...