HP OpenMail newbie needs help with setup

HP OpenMail newbie needs help with setup

Post by djmille » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm trying to install HP OpenMail on my Red Hat server.  So far, I've
installed the program and even set up a mailbox.  Unfortunately when I
connect to it with Outlook, all I see are mail folders, no calendar or
contacts or such.  Plus, in the mail folders, I only see the standard
folders (Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent Items), and I am unable to either move
mail to these folders or create subfolders.

The first problem would be trying to fix that.

Second, how do I get it set up so that incoming mail is routed to the
OpenMail inbox?  I tried creating an alias as described in the HOWTO, but it
didn't seem to work.  I do appear to be able to send mail from that account
to another address, but attempting to reply to that e-mail still doesn't
send it to the OpenMail box.

Third, is there any way to bind it to a particular adapter?  My Linux box is
my firewall, and I want to only allow Outlook to connect to it from eth1
(10.0.0.1), not eth0 (Internet IP address to the rest of the world),
primarily so I don't have to put a password on it (or worry about changing
the password, etc.).  I do of course want to allow e-mail to go out to and
come in from the Internet (sendmail is working fine).

Fourth, is there any way to import an Outlook .pst file?  This is pretty
minor, since if I can get Calendar, Contacts, etc. to show up and am able to
create sub-folders in my e-mail folders, I should be able to connect Outlook
to both the .pst and OpenMail and drag and drop stuff from one to the other.

HP OpenMail newbie needs help with setup

Post by rich » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You could also try askign your question on the OpenMail public forum.

It's at http://www.ice.hp.com/HyperNews/A8_ExtAll/get/ompub.html

Regards,
richi.
--

Team OpenMail
Hewlett-Packard Company

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

HP OpenMail newbie needs help with setup

Post by djmille » Fri, 11 Aug 2000 04:00:00

It won't let me post; it's not accepting my username and password.  Is this
a different one than the one I got to download the thing?

> You could also try askign your question on the OpenMail public forum.

> It's at http://www.ice.hp.com/HyperNews/A8_ExtAll/get/ompub.html

> Regards,
> richi.
> --

> Team OpenMail
> Hewlett-Packard Company
> OpenMail: Business messaging/collaboration for the next E. E-Services.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

HP OpenMail newbie needs help with setup

Post by f.. » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Can you telnet on port 5766, 5768 and 5729 from your windows machine to
the OpenMail server ? Have you installed the MAPI drivers as one of the
mail services in your Outlook profile ? Is the remote client interface
enabled ? Can you use advmail to access your account from the console
of your OpenMail server ?

Don't know if it's the same in Linux because I haven't installed it yet
but calendar data doesn't work if you don't have a FREEBUSY directory.
You can see what directories you have with the omlistdirs command,
output should look something like this :

  FREEBUSY         Shared       LOCAL DB     config update read
modifyself
**  SYSTEM           Shared       LOCAL DB     config update read
modifyself

If you have FREEBUSY then check to see that your user name has an entry
in there using omsearch with the -d flag. If there is no entry you can
add one with ommodu -o <user> -F add.

Good luck, HTH

Quote:> I'm trying to install HP OpenMail on my Red Hat server.  So far, I've
> installed the program and even set up a mailbox.  Unfortunately when I
> connect to it with Outlook, all I see are mail folders, no calendar or
> contacts or such.  Plus, in the mail folders, I only see the standard
> folders (Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent Items), and I am unable to
either move
> mail to these folders or create subfolders.

<snip>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. floppy drive setup (Newbie needs help, help!!)

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup the floppy drive for Linux(Slackware 3.1.27)
I used the "mount" command to mount the floppy

i.e.     mount /dev/fd0 /mnt

but the floppy still not really working.

if anyone knows how to set this up, please help me.

Thank you so much,

jw

2. S3 Savage3D scrambles console

3. HP OpenMail (Exchange clone)??

4. dhcp setup

5. HP OpenMail on Solaris?

6. nfs slowdown since 2.5.4

7. HP's OpenMail with iBCS

8. Autobaud Getty oddities

9. FTP/HP OpenMail Question

10. IMAP4: HP Openmail 6.0 on RedHat 6.1

11. HP OpenMail on FreeBSD

12. HP's OpenMail with iBCS