Sound with media magic, how?

Post by Mark Holdernes » Sun, 28 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have an IPC family magic dx4/75 with mediamagic soundcard (isp16) and
a Sanyo H94A CDrom. Does anyone know how to setup this system for both
sound and cd? [ explicit details would be appreciated - me being a
little thick :) ]
--
Mark Holderness

1. Media Magic sound card...Please HELP

Hello:

I have a Media Magic ISP-16 sound card which is also acting as my CDROM
Drive controller for my Sony CDU33A CDROM. I rebuilt the kernel with
sound (SBPro) and CDROM (Sony CDU33A) support etc and everything seems to
work, BUT...

I have to boot to DOS first and then softboot to linux for
the sound card to work. If boot to DOS first, the bootup message is
snd2 <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2> at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1
If I boot straight to linux, I get
snd2 <SoundBlaster Pro 2.1> at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1
and nothing works. I think the DOS driver software-configures the card
but linux is not able to. Has anyone written any driver specifically for
the Media Magic ISP-16?

Another problem is, when I play audio CDs in linux, the maximum volume is
only 50%-70% of the max in DOS. I have no clue as to why this is the
case. I have tried different CD players and have gotten the same result.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't buy Media Magic if you are using
linux :-). If anyone has the Media Magic ISP-16 working properly in
linux, please help. Thanks.

======================                      ==========================
Chek T. Lim                                 Mechanical Engineering

Tel: 206-685-3219                           Seattle, WA 98195

2. Lightweight web-server for router managment

3. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

4. Binaries of KDE2 for SuSe 6.3, Redhat 6.1 and Mandrake 6.1

5. ? Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

6. Linux Notebook

7. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

8. Apache&Cobalt RAQ 3 limits

9. Media Magic sound-card /CD rom problem

10. SOUND: Magic Media 256AV Audio

11. Media Magic sound card...Please HELP

12. Media Magic ISP 16 sound card

13. Support Media Magic?