linux will not boot---Red Hat 6.0

Post by nat-.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello all,

[Note: I've tried to create both the auto-book diskette and to install
LILO, but it didn't work.  That is why I am trying the procedure
below...]

I've put in the auto-boot CD with Red Hat Linux 6.0.

At the "boot:" prompt, I type

vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb6

[ hdb6 is the root partition ]

then I get some error about a console not available or working....

everything went well during the Red Hat install...any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0  LILO Boot.

Dear Friends,

Hi! There. I have 2 hard disks on my pc. On my first hard disk (fat 32
file system 8  gb) I have  4 prtitions and windows 95 installed on it.
On my seconmd hard disk (2.5 gb) I am trying to install Linux. Teh
problem is that the installation goes on smoothly. The problem arises
that after rebooting in LILO boot when I enter Linux.. I get

crc error

-- System Halted.

Please could anybody give me a clue that why I am getting this problem.

Also please note that the hard disk on which I am installing Linux is a
Secondary master hard disk and 8 gb hard disk is primary master hard
disk.

Any type of help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks In Advcance

Vikram

please reply to

2. kppp again!

3. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

4. NTFS 2.1.0a for Linux 2.4.20

5. CRC error in Red Hat Linux 6.0 LILO Boot.

6. video card unknown! am i f****d

7. Installing RealProducer Plus 6.0 in Red Hat Linux 6.0

8. printer port base address

9. Red Hat 6.2 works but not Red hat 7

10. Trouble Booting Red Hat 6.0

11. Adding Fonts to X in Red Hat 6.0 / Mandrake 6.0

12. Error while booting Red Hat 6.0

13. problems while booting Red Hat 6.0