disappearing windows

Post by George Kapuscinsk » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Could someone please explain to this newbie why when my mouse cursor
hits the right-hand or bottom boundary of my display, all windows
minimize?

Also, why does my mouse cursor have to be physically on a window in
order for it to be active?

I am running RH5.2 with the AfterStep WM and if there's a way to
correct these "features" I would be very grateful.

George Kapuscinski

disappearing windows

Post by Hal Burgi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 19:29:22 -0500, George Kapuscinski

>Could someone please explain to this newbie why when my mouse cursor
>hits the right-hand or bottom boundary of my display, all windows
>minimize?

>Also, why does my mouse cursor have to be physically on a window in
>order for it to be active?

>I am running RH5.2 with the AfterStep WM and if there's a way to
>correct these "features" I would be very grateful.

Dunno about the first one, but the second is explained in the man page.

Or try a different window manager. Windowmaker comes with GUI config
tools typically.

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

1. Disappearing windows - fvwm 2.0.43 or XFree 3.2???

I upgraded to XFree 3.2 & Fvwm 2.0.43 and have encountered a serious problem!

I have a Trio64V+ card, and am running the S3 server.

I am using FVWM2, and the bug may probably be here, and not in XFree...

I can start xterms and everything works, and I can start netscape (3.0)

But if I go into the options menu in Netscape, and then click OK, every
window on the screen disappears! I tried many things, like the shuffle
windows command, but I can't get the windows back.
When I restart the window manager, the windows make a brief comeback
while the window manager is restarting, but then they disappear again...

Any clues to fixing this problem appreciated...

Thanks!

--
----
Avinash Chopde

home page: http://www.paranoia.com/~avinash/

2. Solaris 2.5.1 - 64 bit Capabilities

3. Disappearing windows in Afterstep and other things

4. Two NIC with Linux

5. Disappearing windows?

6. patchset 5 on jdk13 port

7. disappearing windows - need help

8. Unable to Install Red Hat 4.0 from Mitsumi 2X CD ROM

9. Netscape windows DISAPPEAR :(

10. disappearing xterm windows

11. aixterm window disappearing

12. Lilo disappeared after window 95 installation

13. HELP: Windows disappear when iconified