3C509-TP won't receive

Post by Doug Kit » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install Red Hat 4.1 on a 486 that has a 3c509-TP network
card. The assembly # on the card is 8352-10 rev F.

I get no errors when booting or loading the driver, but all rx packets
listed in /proc/net/dev or ifconfig are shown as frame errors and
dropped. The card is transmitting, confirmed by a sniffer on another
machine. /proc/interrupts shows that the card is generating interrupts.

I have tried two different cards, both new and identical. I have tried
a different cable, and a different port on the hub. The EEPROM setup
has been confirmed to be set to transceiver TP (RJ45).

Has anyone successfully used a 3C509-TP with linux before?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Doug

3C509-TP won't receive

Post by John Goerze » Tue, 05 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Are you sure you've got the latest drivers?  There are oten drivers
more recent than those included with the kernel.

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Do YOU need more Speed, Power, and Reliability?

Notice: You may purchase the right to send me unsolicited commercial e-mail
("spam") for the fee of $500 (USD) per message.  Billing can be either
pre-arranged or can occur automatically after the reception of a spam.
Failure to pay will be treated in accordance to US Code, title 47, sec. 227,
which allows unsolicited e-mail to be punishable by action to recover actual
monetary loss or $500, whichever is greater, per violation.