symlink to kernel source

Post by Kevin Pa » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

Greetings.  Is there any danger in installing the kernel source code to another
partition with a sym link to /usr/src/linux?  Disk space is rather tight.

TIA,
Kevin Paul

symlink to kernel source

Post by gus » Fri, 07 May 1999 04:00:00

No problem

gus

> Greetings.  Is there any danger in installing the kernel source code to another
> partition with a sym link to /usr/src/linux?  Disk space is rather tight.

> TIA,
> Kevin Paul

1. net directory must be symlinks to the kernel source?

When compiling the kernel source, I verify that /usr/include/asm
 /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/scsi are just symlinks to the kernel
sources before compiling the source. I hear that with new version of kernel
2.2.X (in the book Linux Device Drivers by O'REILLY) the /usr/include/net
directory are now added in the source. I would like to know if I need to
symlink this directory too like this:

   cd /usr/include
   rm -rf net
   ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/net net

   Thank's in advance,
   Gerhard Mourani

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Simple Counter

3. 2.4 mkdep and symlinked kernel source

4. How2 prnt boot msgs

5. Anyway to recover origianl kernel source from RH6.0-ified kernel-source?

6. Serial driver latency question.

7. "Symlink component flag not implemented": problem with long symlinks?

8. Upgrade from 7.1 to 8.0 - pppd works but still can't access web

9. RH6: "Failed to create symlink for package source"

10. rh 7.3 kernel source : rpm installed, but no source?

11. kernel problem: symlink() does not work

12. Symlink Problems in /lib/modules - 2.2.3 kernel

13. kernel source, kernel headers, and glibc headers