Help! Debian on a IBM PS2.

Post by Brian Landr » Mon, 20 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install Debian Linux on a IBM PS2 Model 80/386. I've
downloaded his January 11th 997 release of there Bootdisk but have no luck
with it.I'm relatively green with Linux. I used rawrite on the Bootdisk gz
file to write it to a floppy. I noticed that while other Bootdisks that I
made with rawrite wrote up to track 33, this one only wrote to 22. I may be
doing something wrong. Don't know. If anybody can help i'd appreciate it.
Thanks!

1. Problems with IBM PS2...please help

A friend of mine is trying to get linux working on his PS2 but is having
problems.  He does not have access to a machine that can read news so
he asked me to post this article.

-------------
I'm having trouble booting the Linux distribution root disk.
The kernel will boot but when prompted for the root disk
I get floppy I/O error .. unable to find Superblock... wrong
block size.  Before I go into more detail, would you mind posting
a message to comp.os.linux asking if an IBM PS2 35SX-25MHZ (ISA BUS)
is compatible w/ Linux.

If you have any information that could help figure out what is going

Thanks,
Rob

---

Standard disclaimer:
  The opinions expressed are those of my own and do not necessarily
  reflect those of the DOD or the Navy.  I accept full responsibility.

2. olwm & prefs

3. how to compile ps2 mouse support into debian 1.1

4. multiple remote console?

5. Forget the root passwd for PS2/8580 Running Aix ps2

6. physical memory management

7. HELP! IBM ThinkPad and Debian Linux

8. LAN administrator affiliations????

9. Help with Debian, IBM Thinkpad R31, Superdisk

10. Subject: Please help - Debian 1.2 on IBM ThinkPad 760CD

11. Install linux on IBM ps2 mod 70?

12. linux and IBM PS2 ??????

13. XConfig for IBM PS2 Color Display and Cirrus Logic GD-5430 card?