how do i get linux in my pc

Post by Andrew O. Hodge » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Set your bios to boot off the cdrom, but if you didn't know that linux
probably isn't the best operating system for you.   You could also extract a
boot disk image within windows from the image files on your linux disc.

--
Andrew O. Hodges
PGP 6+ Key on Keyserver.

> N E 1 knows what shpuld i do ?
> ok i have a cd installer for linux universal that i borrowed it from
> my school library.it doesn't come wif a root disk or boot disk or
something
> so when i install linux should i have windows 95 or 98  or something wif
me?

how do i get linux in my pc

Post by GNat » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

N E 1 knows what shpuld i do ?
ok i have a cd installer for linux universal that i borrowed it from
my school library.it doesn't come wif a root disk or boot disk or something
so when i install linux should i have windows 95 or 98  or something wif me?

1. Linux experts: I need your help in doing Telnet from weindows PC to linux PC

Guys,

I really need your help. I am tryiong telnet from windows PC to Linux
PC through router. I can ping from windows PC. But I can't telnet. I
already posted a question about this, some experts suggested to me to
check telnet file in /etc/xinetd.d directory, also some other
suggestions, I did everything, but still I can't do telnet. I can ping
in both ways. I am using RH 8.0 linux. I have Netgera 4 port router.
What is my problem?

Could somebody tell me how to copy files from floppy to Linux
machine?. Appreciated somuch for your help, thanks in advance.

2. Printer Interfaces

3. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

4. untruncated ps command on system V

5. browse linux pc (with samba installed) from DOS pc

6. Help with low-level device I/O

7. Getting Windows PC to talk to Linux PC via ethernet

8. xdos not working in 1.1

9. XDMCP and networked PC's running Lan WorkPlace for Dos and PC-XView

10. Using Sun CD-ROM drives on PC/PC-clone systems... can it be done?

11. NEED CROS COMPILER TO PROGRAM POWER PC 603 CHIP FROM PENTIUM PC UNDER DOS OR WINDOWS

13. Configuring Linux tools: i586-pc-linux-gnu or i586-pc-linux-gnulibc1 ?????