ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card solution

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card solution

Post by Arctic Stor » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:50:41

Here's the solution to the ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card mystery.
Run the Xconfigurator as you normally would, which will add "r128" driver in
the device section of XF86Config-4 file; I think it's because of graphics by
rage.
Open XF86Config-4 file and add the following line.
ChipID 0x5246
No quotes around the number 0x5246.
Adding the BusID seems to be optional, if you have only one video card.
This kind of information should be readily available to the public in ATI's
support web site.  It's surprising that ATI doesn't do more to help its
customers.
Shame on you, ATI.

-

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card solution

Post by E J » Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:42:26

Praise on ATI.  At least they assisting in supporting the new Radeon code in
XFree86 4.02.
They have to support Linux more, considering they lost  on providing graphic
chips to xbox and the new apple computers.
Now that you have ATI working on Linux, can you watch TV?
The TV software is gatos at http://www.linuxvideo.org/gatos/

> Here's the solution to the ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card mystery.
> Run the Xconfigurator as you normally would, which will add "r128" driver in
> the device section of XF86Config-4 file; I think it's because of graphics by
> rage.
> Open XF86Config-4 file and add the following line.
> ChipID 0x5246
> No quotes around the number 0x5246.
> Adding the BusID seems to be optional, if you have only one video card.
> This kind of information should be readily available to the public in ATI's
> support web site.  It's surprising that ATI doesn't do more to help its
> customers.
> Shame on you, ATI.

> -

ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card solution

Post by Tomm » Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:21:00

I believe there is some info on this at www.concoctedlogic.com also.

Quote:> Here's the solution to the ATI All-in-Wonder 128 PCI 16 MB card mystery.