Virtual screen size and screen resolution

Virtual screen size and screen resolution

Post by Harry Hahn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How can I change the virtual screen size in Gnome?  Is there a way to change
it on the fly?

Is there a way to change the color depth and screen resolution on the fly?

I am using RedHat 6.1.

Harry Hahne

Post by Patrici » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>How can I change the virtual screen size in Gnome?  Is there a way to change
>it on the fly?

>Is there a way to change the color depth and screen resolution on the fly?

>I am using RedHat 6.1.

>Harry Hahne

Harry
try using Xconfigurator

--
HTH :)
Patricia

http://www.crosswinds.net/~beginnerslinux
Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
Kernel 2.2.5-15
  8:21pm  up 7 days, 21:55,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.17, 1.26
Wed Mar  1 20:21:36 CET 2000

Virtual screen size and screen resolution

Post by Fastsigns-Eas » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

..and another suggestion is to hit CTRL, ALT , "+"...the plus key on the numeric
pad!!  Good Luck
Casey.

> >How can I change the virtual screen size in Gnome?  Is there a way to change
> >it on the fly?

> >Is there a way to change the color depth and screen resolution on the fly?

> >I am using RedHat 6.1.

> >Harry Hahne

> Harry
> try using Xconfigurator

> --
> HTH :)
> Patricia

> http://www.crosswinds.net/~beginnerslinux
> Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
> Kernel 2.2.5-15
>   8:21pm  up 7 days, 21:55,  2 users,  load average: 1.08, 1.17, 1.26
> Wed Mar  1 20:21:36 CET 2000

Virtual screen size and screen resolution

Post by kai » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

For X-windows, edit /etc/X11/XF86Config file. At the bottom, there is a
line similar to this one "Virtual  1280 1024". Just change this to your
desire virtual resolution. Make sure your video card and monitor suppor the
resolution.

For Gnome, go to the Gnome Control Center to change the number of virtual
desks you desire.

Kai

> How can I change the virtual screen size in Gnome?  Is there a way to
change
> it on the fly?

> Is there a way to change the color depth and screen resolution on the
fly?

> I am using RedHat 6.1.

> Harry Hahne

1. Screen Resolution and virtual Screens

Dear X users:

I have installed X11 and I can get it to work, but the problem is that
its got my computer screen size wrong. For some reason it is only
showing a 640X480 image on screen and its not even centered. My screen
can definetly support 800X600 and I would like my virtual screen size
to also be that size. I have found where to change the virtual screen
size in my XF86Config file but I can't find where to set the normal
screen size. Is there any way to crank up to to higher screen sizes. I
am using a gateway vivitron 17 monitor and an STB 64v+ video card with
2 megs of ram. I am currently running under windows95 at 1024x768
resolution. Thanks in advance for your help...

Sincerely,
Steven Pousty

2. PPP problems w. null modem link & Linux

3. can virtual screen size track with resolution?

4. forgot root passw of dec osf/1 unix

5. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

6. sound in unix c

7. screen resolution on laptop LCD screen too small

8. Driver load failure--kernel taint

9. Changing screen resolution on multiple screen system

10. Screen Size problem on Sony LCD screen

11. virtual console/screen -> small/tiny "screen" app??

12. Don't want the virtual X screen bigger than physical screen

13. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode