PPP with Sprint Internet Passport??

Post by Mar » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
      Just wanted to know if anyone is using Linux PPP to connect to
Sprint's Internet Passport service. I have a friend who is going to
give Linux a shot and is using Sprint's service. Since I'll be helping
him set up it up (from 300 miles away) I'd like to know if anybody has
any tips for setup or is it just a standard log/pass or PAP/CHAP
configuration. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark

Post by jed » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,
>      Just wanted to know if anyone is using Linux PPP to connect to
>Sprint's Internet Passport service. I have a friend who is going to

        You might want to re-suggest Mindspring or Worldnet.
        Both services specifically acknowledge Linux in that
        they provide docs for connecting to them through Linux.

        Check out http://penguin.lvcm.com for some good PPP links.

Quote:>give Linux a shot and is using Sprint's service. Since I'll be helping

Post by Alan W. Ju » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>Hi,
>      Just wanted to know if anyone is using Linux PPP to connect to
>Sprint's Internet Passport service. I have a friend who is going to
>give Linux a shot and is using Sprint's service. Since I'll be helping
>him set up it up (from 300 miles away) I'd like to know if anybody has
>any tips for setup or is it just a standard log/pass or PAP/CHAP
>configuration. Thanks in advance for any advice.

I'm running RedHat 5.0 into Sprint.  It's a PAP login.
Your friend will need to create a resolv.conf file with the following
entries:

nameserver 206.134.133.10
nameserver 205.137.196.138

so DNS will work properly.  The graphical netcfg under RedHat will, of
course, do this automatically (blatant plug...).

73 de N5ILN

1. Anyone use Linux and Sprint Internet Passport?

Anyone use these two together??  If so, please post a script that shows
how....I have been tooling away at this whole PPP thing and I am stuck.
Read PPP-HOWTO.  I know how to figure out standard ethernet connections
and all the other things that go along with that, but PPP on Linux
(configuring it) is completely new to me.  By the way, I have Redhat
Linux 4.2.  Anyways, thanks in advance....

2. need help setting up DNS backup server on SunOS

3. Linux with Sprint Internet PAssport?

4. How to give input to telnet ?

5. Newbie Needs Help Connecting To Sprint Internet Service

6. HELP! *** Why no SIGPARENT in UNIX? ***********

7. sprint.ca ppp connection problem

8. AutoCad dwg/dxf programs

9. Linux laptop and Sprint PCS phone: ppp problems

10. Sprint Canada PPP connection?

11. PPP to sprint.ca, anyone suceeds?

12. HELP ppp server not connecting ppp to internet

13. PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and PPP and HEADACHE