*.ps file would be "PostScript" *.pdf = "Portable Document Format".Quote:} I am having a small problem-
} The doc for sybase rpm on the redhat linux 5.2 are files with a
} ".ps" extension with the 1st line of
} at the top. When I try to read these with the Adobe acrobat 3.0
} reader that came with redhat linux 5.1 ( only one I have) the reader
} is looking for foo.pdf files and when I try to read the foo.ps files
} already mentioned I get
} "There was an error opening this document- file does not begin with
} What is the difference between .ps and .pdf files and what reader
} should I use ?
But the filename extention is not always applied so the real test
is the file type descriptor which, as you've discovered, is the first
line of the file in both these cases.
Acrobat Reader is for reading PDF's (and the other parts of the Acrobat
suite for making and editing them) only.
Quickest check of filetype is possibly the command "file foo.ss" which
should return something like:
foo.ps: PostScript document text conforming at level 3.0
for PostScript files and :
foo.ss: PDF document, version 1.2
To view PostScript use GhostView if available to you - typically
/usr/X11R6/bin/ghostview - would be the thing.
And on the seventh day, He exited from append mode.
clear skies, |http://www.erols.com/jringer3/astro1.htm
|The internet treats censorship like
|damage and routes around it.
1. Install Linux Redhat 5.2 with other "passwd" and "group" files
Does anyone know how i install Redhat 5.2 with other default files
"passwd" and "group"
Thanks in Advance.
3. "ps axm" vs. "free" and swap
5. Redhat Linux 5.2 Install Problem "Error reading directory"
7. Wide "ps" listings using /bin/ps??
9. /tmp/ps: cannot find/execute "ps" in ISA subdirectories
10. RedHat 5.2, "/boot/System.map" and "/boot/System.map"
11. "umsdos" vs "vfat" vs "looped ext2"
12. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"
13. RedHat 5.1 -> 5.2 vs. "md" software RAID