Broken lp module and Canon BJ-200

Post by Robert Harold Sin » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am using Linux kernel 2.0.21 and am having troubles printing to my Canon
BJ-200 with line printer support compiled as a module -- it appears the
module keeps reloading and reinitializing the printer.  lpq says the printer
is offline even though it is not.  However, recompiling the kernel with a
non-module lp solves the problem.  Is there a fix to this?

-- rhs

1. Printcap for Canon BJ-200

I just purchased a Canon BJ-200 printer for my computer and am having trouble
finding a printcap file for it.  If there is anyone out there that may have
one or knows were to get one,  I'd appreciate it.  Also,  if there are any other
files or filters or whatever that may make my printer run more efficently I'd
appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

---
Jaroslaw Knap
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ
phone: (602) 965 3604
fax  : (602) 965 1384

2. Mail Servers

3. Canon BJ-200 & Linux?

4. Ctrl ALT Del doesnt work right !help

5. printcap entry for Canon BJ-200??

6. Unable to access h/d due to fdisk error

7. Canon BJ-200??

8. micros~1 buys influence

9. Ghostview and Canon BJ-200

10. How to print on Canon BJ-200 from Netscape

11. Canon BJ-200 printcap..

12. Ghostscript and Canon BJ-200

13. Canon BJ-200 Driver?