Redirecting output to file.

Post by Robert M. Shrol » Fri, 24 Oct 1997 04:00:00

First of all I am using RedHat linux and the bash shell.  I am running a
program which sends its output to the screen.  I redirect the output to
an output file using '>'.  When I first installed the operating system
the output file was, as far as I could tell, continuously updated.  Now
the output file is updated in blocks (i.e.. the file remains empty for a
long time then a 'block' of data is placed in it and all remaining data
comes in these blocks).  Is this controlled by some environmental
setting or what?  I would like to be able to change this back and/or
control the size of these blocks.

thanks,

Robert M. Shroll

1. Redirecting output to file and xterm in bash

I want to "log" a telnet session to a file (similar to a logfile in a
communications program).  It seems as if there should be some way to do
this using output redirection, but reading the bash man page and trying
various versions of output redirection don't seem to work.  Telnet doesn't
seem to include this function either.  Anybody got a nice way to do this?

Thanks in advance from a relative newbie.

Jeff Gwilliam

2. CGI problem

3. Redirecting output to file

4. PANIC: k_trap 0x00000006

5. bash function - can't redirect output to file

6. rn -x 'Is it legal'

7. How to redirect the console output to a file

8. Socks and lynx

9. How to redirect outputs from the command "time" into a file?

10. Redirecting standard output and error to a file

11. How to redirect some Perl script output to a file?

12. redirect output to a file AND display on screen

13. Redirect output to a file...