Setting Up Proxy Server & Firewall

Post by Mohamed Devj » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello,

internet.
> I have my Linux box with 2 NIC's setup so that it can connect to the
> internet.  Now I want to setup my Linux box so that it will act as a proxy
> server as well as a firewall.  Where should i start and where can I find
> step by step directions ( kinda  slow..:-) on how to set this up?

> Thanks,
> Mo

Setting Up Proxy Server & Firewall

Post by dataraide » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

there are MANY ways to run a proxy/gateway/router/firewall with Linux.
i have a home lan also, and the way that fit my needs was to do NAT
(network address translation) via the IP Masquerading technique. If
you've got RedHat 6.0 or newer it is already compiled in the kernel and
you just have to throw a few switches. go here:
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO-
3.html#ss3.3 to learn how

> Hello,

> internet.
> > I have my Linux box with 2 NIC's setup so that it can connect to the
> > internet.  Now I want to setup my Linux box so that it will act as
a proxy
> > server as well as a firewall.  Where should i start and where can I
find
> > step by step directions ( kinda  slow..:-) on how to set this up?

> > Thanks,
> > Mo

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.