Real Player Plugin for Netscape HELP!!!

Post by David Orlo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does anyone know how to setup plugins for Netscape in Linux.  I want to
be able to watch Real Video news and events.  I followed the
instructions that came with the real player I downloaded.  It told me to

copy two files from the real folder to the netscape plugin folder then
create a shortcut to the real folder for the library file.  I did that.
Then it said to go into the preferences in netscape and go to the plugin

area which I went to the programs area (the closest area I could find)
and tried to add the real player as a plugin there.  The only problem is

there is a couple of options like application and some others that you
can tell it what you are adding, what it is.  Plug in is there but it is

grayed out.  What do I do?
David

Post by Frank Ha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Does anyone know how to setup plugins for Netscape in Linux.  I want to
>be able to watch Real Video news and events.  I followed the
>instructions that came with the real player I downloaded.  It told me to

Try the following web site.

http://www.hubbe.net/~hubbe/plugger.html

This is a Netscape plugin that will allow you to play various sounds,
movies, etc.  I don't know if this will help but may get you headed
in the right direction.

--
Frank Hahn

Main's Law:
        For every action there is an equal and opposite government
program.

Real Player Plugin for Netscape HELP!!!

Post by Chad Whitte » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

There is an alpa version of realplayer g2 for linux, and it works okay.
Check it out at
http://www.real.com/products/player/linux.html

also, a good troubleshooting page for installing and using realplayer with
linux can be found at
http://www.i2k.com/~jeffd/rpopen/

--
Chad Whitten

Raymond High School

1. Real Player 7 plugin problem with Netscape 6.

I have Real Player 7 almost fully working with Netscape 6.
I have been to a site and the message pops up.
"Netscape Default Plugin
This page contains information of a type (audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin)
that can
only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in."

I have used the Helper Applications under Netscape 6.

Description of Type: RealAudio File
Extension: .rpm
MIME Type: audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin
Handled By Application: /usr/X11R6/bin/realplay

Real Player 7 still won't play on this website.

I tried copying the plugins, (raclass.zip and rpnp.so) into
/usr/local/netscape/plugins but Real Player 7
still won't play on this website.

2. WYSIWYG editors under Solarisx86

3. Real Player Plugin and Netscape

4. renaming files

5. Netscape 4.7 and Real Player G2 as Plugin

6. dual boot linux with win xp professional

7. Real Audio / Helix Player Plugin for Solaris 10 sparc

8. UNINSTALL LILO OR LINUX

9. Real Player plugin for Mozilla or Galeon

10. Real Player and Java plugin?

11. Netscape Plugin for RealAudio G2 Player

12. Real Plugin prob with netscape 7

13. Real Player/Netscape problem