HELP INSTALLATION: Thinkpad A22m Video screen setup problem

HELP INSTALLATION: Thinkpad A22m Video screen setup problem

Post by Maou » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 06:25:58

Hello,

I am trying to install SUSE Linux 8.1 on a IBM Thinkpad A22m type 1628-TSG

This machine has an ATI Mobility M/M1 video controller with 8 MB RAM and
a 14.1 Inches TFT monitor.

After In stall Linux and KDE starts the following problem occurs.

The KDE screen is scrolled up. The top of the screen is displayed at the
bottom of the laptops display. But the mouse works fine. By fine I mean
that to click on a button I must click on the location of the display
where the button would be if the screen was not scrolled up.

In other words for some reason KDE displays the screens incorrectly.

I do not know if there is a problem with my SAX2 selections but here
they are

Video Card: I tried both AT Rage Mobility and ATI Rage Mobility P/M AGPx2
Monitor: I tried IBM Thikpad TFT and LCD XGA 1024x768 60Hz
Resolution and colors: I tried 640x480 800x600 and 1024x768

Any help would be appreciated.

Napoleon Maou

1. HELP INSTALLATION: Thinkpad A22m Video screen setup problem

[...]

2. Help in XF86Config for Trident 9440

3. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X

4. installing corel linux

5. Apple cinema display on a Thinkpad A22m (linux)

6. Help wanted, SLIP problems

7. cs46xx on ThinkPad A22m and poor quality output

8. INFO REQ.: Compaq EISA Disk Coprocessor

9. Modem Driver for A22m thinkpad redhat 9

10. Help: X setup for video card/screens

11. IBM Thinkpad video installation?

12. Installation Problems Please Help (No Screen)

13. X and IBM Thinkpad 755CSE Dual Scan screen--help please