Couldn't write pid to pid file

Post by Andrew P. Billyar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
I'm using IMWHEEL for my scroll mouse, but lately cannot run it as a
user.  When I try, I get
the error

imwheel pid file could not be removed: : Operation not permitted
Couldn't write pid to pid file: Permission denied

However, I can as root use it.  I found the pid number as root from "ps
x" and killed it, yet I still get this error as user.  Where is this pid
file it is refering to ?

Cheers,
Andrew
(RH 6.1)
--
Please remove the "NOSPAM" from the email address before mailing.

Couldn't write pid to pid file

Please disregard....I was being silly and just found my answer.