Networking with 3COM HomeConnect Ethernet Card and Robotics 56K PCI modem

Networking with 3COM HomeConnect Ethernet Card and Robotics 56K PCI modem

Post by Paul Y. Pen » Sat, 05 May 2001 06:30:31

Dear Linux Experts,

I wonder whether any of you have successfully set up Red Hat Linux
to work with 3COM HomeConnect Ethernet PCI Adapter (Model #3C450)
and Robotics 56K PCI modem.

The linux was installed on a new intel 866 PC with Win98se. The
Ethernet Adapter works well with Win98. However our system manager
could not set it up to work with Linux. He just could not find a
driver which supports a model number below 500 for 3COM Ethernet
card. He doesn't know how to set up Robotics 56K PCI modem to work
with Linux either. We will appreciate any hints or help from you.
Thanks.

Paul.

1. Help with a 3Com 10/100 /56k Mini PCI COmbo Modem/Network Card Under Linux

I currently run my laptop as dual boot between windows and linux (Suse
7.2). Part of the reason for this is that I have an in built 3com Mini
Pci Combo card, and Linux does not recognise the modem functions of the
card.

Has anybody managed to get the modem function on this type of card to
work? If needed I will buy a PCMCIA modem, but I would prefer not to.

Thanks for any help,

Neil

2. How to PPP so that it does not dialout except when rlogin?

3. HOWTO setup a US Robotics/3Com 56K PCI FaxModem Model 5610/2977

4. what is the meaning of this linking error message?

5. 3Com HomeConnect PCI Modem HOWTO?

6. Motif with Linux ?

7. Linux + 3Com HomeConnect ADSL modem PCI

8. Sysback vs MKSYSB

9. 3Com ADSL HomeConnect PCI Modem

10. drivers for 3com (US Robotics) 56k V.90 Modem

11. Help with 3COM LAN+56K Modem Mini PCI Card

12. US Robotics Performance Pro 56K PCI modem

13. Help with US Robotics 56K PCI Modem