ran out of input data

Post by Willie Cha » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:33:26

I got "ran out of input data" during the first boot after installation....

the screen looks like this...

Uncompressing linux................

ran out of input data

-- System halted

ran out of input data

Post by cfis » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

looks like the compressed kernel was somehow cut short.
did u run outta disk space?

Quote:>I got "ran out of input data" during the first boot after installation....

>the screen looks like this...

>Uncompressing linux................

>ran out of input data

>-- System halted

ran out of input data

Post by Willie Cha » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

how much disk space for the kernel?

because my first partition is win9x, I place the kernel right after it. I
allocated about 39MB for it...from some web site from redhat that they
suggest that 16MB is enough....

any idea...??

> looks like the compressed kernel was somehow cut short.
> did u run outta disk space?

> >I got "ran out of input data" during the first boot after
installation....

> >the screen looks like this...

> >Uncompressing linux................

> >ran out of input data

> >-- System halted

1. Help with Ran Out of Input Data Error

When attempting to install the latest version of the Peanut Linux
distribution (Linux 2.2.18) on an Intel Celeron Pentium 366, 64MB RAM, with
plenty of disk space, the process repeatedly aborts with the
message..."uncompressing Linux....ran out of input data....system halted."
The same image files and installer installed fine on my Dell notebook.

Does anyone know what this error means?  I can't find a reference to it in
any set of FAQs. Is there a work-around?

Thanks

Mike Jenkins
Linux Newbie

2. scoadmin backup annoyance

3. loadlin runs out of input data!

4. Problems with DEC FDDI on ASUS P/I-55TP4XE

5. Can't boot---run out of input data

6. Log for dialup commands?

7. "Ran out of input data" with slackware 8.1

8. xdm problems

9. Ran out of Input Data

10. Kernel Recompile - "Ran out of input data"

11. Help with Ran Out of Input Data Error

12. "ran out of input data"

13. Loadlin says: ran out of input data