Automatically unmount samba partitions at shutdown?

Automatically unmount samba partitions at shutdown?

Post by rma.. » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:37:37

Hi all,

        How can I, in RH 6.2, make it so that my network mounts, in
this case samba, are automatically unmounted during shutdown/reboot?
Right now the standard /etc/rc.d/... scripts DO attempt to unmount
them but by the time this happens the network has already been shut-
down so that the samba connections can not be properly disconnected.

        Any tips would be appreciated.

--Rainer

Linux Programmer's Site

Automatically unmount samba partitions at shutdown?

Post by Peter B. Steig » Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:18:25

Quote:>    How can I, in RH 6.2, make it so that my network mounts, in
>this case samba, are automatically unmounted during shutdown/reboot?
>Right now the standard /etc/rc.d/... scripts DO attempt to unmount
>them but by the time this happens the network has already been shut-
>down so that the samba connections can not be properly disconnected.

The key is in the numbering of the S... and K... scripts of /etc/rc.d.
They're executed in numerical order!  So just make sure your script to
unmount the Samba partitions has a lower number than the K??network
script, probably in rc3.d.  For example, if the network shutdown is
K30network, make the Samba dismount K25Samba (or whatever).

Peter B. Steiger
Cheyenne, WY
----
If you reply by email, send it to pbs at com dot
canada (or vice-versa).  All adverti*ts will be
returned to your postmaster, eh!

1. Problem unmounting root partition on shutdown

Hi,
I have a problem with my newly installed Linux Mandrake 6 system, running
KDE with the 2.2.2 kernel. 9 times out of 10 I get a message on shutdown
saying the root partition is busy and it fails to unmount. The next time I
boot up I am forced to sit and wait while it checks the root partition and
then finds no errors. I have tried doing a clean install but this has not
fixed the problem. I have previously been using Red Hat 5.2 with no errors,
which is strange as Mandrake is based on Red Hat. I would be grateful if
anyone could offer any advice as to whether this is a bug with either
Mandrake, KDE or Kernel 2.2.2 or whether this is a problem with my setup.

Thanks

Simon Powers

2. What else is hidden in MS code???

3. /usr partition won't unmount on shutdown

4. Press Release: Boozt! - banner management software

5. EXT3 filesystem not unmounting on shutdown?

6. SLIRP

7. Shutdown -h now doesn't unmount properly

8. >64MB RAM and 2.2.*

9. Unmounting and ejecting the root fs on shutdown.

10. linux hangs when trying to unmount remote filesystems at shutdown

11. Are mount, unmount, shutdown, sync standalone utilities

12. hd inode-trouble at unmount/shutdown

13. Shutdown does not unmount cleanly