Newbie printer help

Post by Mark Musse » Wed, 29 May 1996 04:00:00

Have just gotten Linux up and running but cannot print to my HP Deskjet
855C without staircase effect.  Have searched for info on printcaps and
filters for this printer but so far nothing works.

If someone has this info, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me in

these newsgroups.

TIA and Peace,

MadMarko in Ft.Lauderdale

Newbie printer help

Post by Carlos PANTAN » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

> Have just gotten Linux up and running but cannot print to my HP Deskjet
> 855C without staircase effect.  Have searched for info on printcaps and
> filters for this printer but so far nothing works.

> If someone has this info, I would greatly appreciate you pointing me in

> these newsgroups.

> TIA and Peace,

> MadMarko in Ft.Lauderdale

Read the Printing HOWTO, you will find a FILTER the eats up the \r
from DOS. ( you don't need a filter for each PRINTER in the world).

--
Carlos PANTANO

www    : http://eurus2.us.es/personal/pantano.html
Linux inside

1. newbie's printer woes...please help!

We're trying to configure a printer connected to the system's (an IBM
F50) parallel port.  Using smit to create the printer (assumedly
/dev/lp0) we select these options:

printer device:  Lexmark Laser blah blah

printer/plotter interface:  parallel

parent adapter:  ppa0 Available 01-R1 Standard I/O Parallel Port
Adapter

port number: 0

The installation then fails with this error:

Method error (/usr/lib/methods/define):
        0514-022 The specified connection is not valid.

Is this a hardware problem?  Does the parallel port need to be
configured?

Any help would be appreciated!

Paul

2. FREE DRIVE IMAGING SOFTWARE

3. Help a newbie with printer please!!

4. OS versions

5. printer filters - NEWBIE HELP PLEASE

6. Number of iptables rules before performance hit

7. Problem of keyboard with frame buffer

8. Proud Newbie BEGS help for printer setup!

9. Linux Newbie needs Canon Printer driver help...

10. Newbie needs help printing to network printer

11. Newbie needs help setting up printer

12. HELP - Newbie setting up HP IID printer